Murray auto 16HP twin** 46" model 46901x92a -- low power

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Murray auto 16HP twin** 46" model 46901x92a -- low power

p bowden I have a Murray lawn tractor, hydrostatic automatic drive, 16 HP, twin II, model # 46901X92A, industrial/commercial engine, 46" cut with a Briggs & Stratton engine. Runs okay until blade is engaged and then loses power--will die if throttle and choke not full open. Had it to a B&S engine approved repair shop for over $200, but problem still not solved. Uses LOTS of gas. Would appreciate any help you can give.
Joe Personally I would take tractor back to service shop,after you dropped $200 & same problem still exists,however there are a couple of things you could check before doing so:1-if carb has a hi-speed adj needle,try backing out 1 turn(richen)hi-speed may be set a little too lean with full load on eng,if eng operation starts to improve at full throttle SLOWLY back out needle 1/8 turn at a time till eng running smoothly at full throttle,with trans in netural & deck engaged(you'll probably have to have someone sit on seat while you're doing this to get by seat safety sw)2-check that deck belt didn't jump tension adj pulleys or that you have bad or tight bearings on blade hubs,you may be stalling eng.
Jeff you need a fuel pump kit about $9.00
louis When you push the hydro-power pedal forward the belt jumps off of the pulley under the seat. There does not seem to be a smooth metal bar to adjust close to the pulley to keep the belt on. What do I do to keep it on? I bought it used.

Harold McEvers Need to know where I can get replacement parts for the Murray Industrial/Commercial sickle mower, Model # 46901x92A. I need a new sickle and some sections and guards. Appreciate any information available.
Ken Soon i ill have a web site up that will sell parts for that and other mowers I will have the parts......It will be called Stensmowerparts.com
check in a few weeks..or call me at 405-268-3721 and I will get you a quote on the parts that you need.......

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: