Craftsman LT1000 brake problems

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Craftsman LT1000 brake problems

Sandy I am looking for the schematics for my LT100 mower. I am replacing brake parts and I need to know I am doing this properly. Usually I can noodle through simple mechanical problems with minimal parts left over. Since brakes are a little bit important, I want to make sure these are done correctly.

Thanks,
Sandy

george Brakes on a craftsman are really quite
simple. There is only one on the rear
right or left side of the transmission.
There is a little rotor and a set of small
brake pads that will rub against it.

Btakes are mostly only used for parking. If you are
going down a hill and you press on the brake pedal.
BAD NEWS, you first dissengage the tyransmission
and you start freewheeling. Be ready to jump off
as the anemic brake will not stop you.
Best bet is to leave the trans in geer and go down
with the speed of the geer.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: