MTD, Farm King,Garden tractor

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MTD, Farm King,Garden tractor

Mike I have a MTD, Farm King garden tractor and I am looking for any information about it. Including parts availability, specs, attachments, anything I can find out. My tractor is a 16hp hydro. Thanks, Mike
Doc Give some COMPLETE model numbers, both tractor and engine.

Al Spencer I also have a Farm King garden tractor,hydrostatic drive, single-16 horse Briggs&Straton engine.The tractor has the words Hydro 16 on the hood. I will have a look at the tractor for any other markings or numbers.

Kevin I just picked up a Farm King 16hp (briggs) Hydrostat. Anyone know where I find the model numbers on one of these?

David the modle numbers probly some thing like this!
"model "146-990-205.

thats what my farm kings number is and the modle numbers on the right side at the bottom of the front dash pannel its a little metal plate

Mike

Hi ..

...saw your post on a bulletin board about 16 FarmKing Garden Tractor.
May I send you a pic .. to see if this is about what yours looks like .. ?

Do you know the year?

I have changed the hydraulic fluid in mine .. but it seems like it goes slow on the hi side of the transmisson .. was wondering if you have had this problem too?

Was wondering where you might recommend .. to get a manual for it .. please.

Thanks much ..

I don't much about this little tractor .. just got in 5 days ago ..

Gary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dave robbins just got an old farm king hydrostatic 16 I need information concerning parts availabililty need steering arm ball joint for lack of better way to name the part any ideas?sounds like the one described..need information about it...
j below the dash panel on the right hand side of the plate below the throttle
james hi i have a farm king to but its not a hydrostatic, i just was wondering if anybody could find out the year. and if you know where to get parts, i have looked but could not find thanks james
Erma Verhage Any luck finding Farm King Garden tractor parts? My husband has a Farm King 15, model number 142 990 205, and is looking for part number 10851 - steering tube segment assembly or whole steering tube/segment gear/steering shaft assembly. He would consider buying another one for parts. Thanks.

Mike F. I have a Farm King 16, model # 143-990-205. Looking to sell. Runs good. Has 42 inch deck and snow plow. I have owners manual for tractor and instructions on installing deck and plow. Asking $350. Brooklyn, Michigan
Bob Anderson Where can i get info on a farm King 142-960. Would like to get a parts manual.
Thanks

Chad F I have a MTD 142-990 tractor and i am looking for a replacement hydro pump.
CHRISTOPHER MCBRIDE SR Are you still looking for the hydro pump for your farm king?
Dakota S. i also am looking for parts on a 16 horse farm king tractor my rear end went out of mine and i need a new one and cant find any around here anybody know a rear end that i could get or does anybody know a read end out of a different tractor wat would work i would like to have a rear end for it within a couple of weeks thanks,
ray vanderhoff i have a 15 farm king tractor and the shifter is broken... it looks almost identical to a 16 farm king... i would like to replace the shifter if anyone could tell me how i could find one. thanks ray
Tony B I believe I have the parts and maintenance manual for the Farm King 16 Hp I will have to scan hem in and I can send them to you VIA E-mail
I need the dashboard for mine

MIKE
Re: MTD, Farm King,Garden tractor

I have restored a Farm King 15 garden tractor; will send pictures to any email request; the model number is 142-990-205 and its serial number is 228D2261. My question is: what year is this unit? and is a 15 hp Briggs a different block then the 16 hp. I can find nothing on this tractor. I have the org. books etc. Help me figure out went this one was made, and if, as I've been told, was only made in 1971 or 1972.

chuck spires i have a farm king 990 its the same as yours .the year is the 1980 modle i think it wase the last year for them . they sold at farm and fleat markets and went for 1999.99 with just the deck some modles came with a 46in. deck but mine hase a 50in.deck i payed 500.00 for mine and it came with a tiller for the back and i had to mill a new shaft for it . 80 bucks wase worth it . i tilla 48in path i think and they come with a snow blade im lookng for one as well as the snow thrower that gose to the frone im looking for it too . parts are fue and far . mtd made it but dosent sell any thing for it i called and looked for parts for mine for years . if barings go out on deck you replace your selfe its about 50 bucks a blade so if need to know moor let me know .
Chris i have the same farm king with 50 inch deck. i also have parts manual for the tractor and deck with model numbers for attachments i have had no problems with the part numbers in this book eveything i have looked up has been available
The dominant model number on the book is 149-995a let me know if you have any questions maybe i could help. NOW what im looking for is a schematic on the snow blade does any one know were it can be viewed. i have most of one but im going to have to reengeneer the rest

Chuck Mazzola
I had recently purchased an older garden tractor for myself. The only thing was I didn't know what it was, so I started to check the internet. Slow & sure, I had found out that what I had bought was an MTD variant from the 1970's. It still comes up blank on what exactly what I have, because it doesn't say MTD anywhere on the tractor.What it does say however is, "famous across the nation" "Trac A Magic" "Electric 1200". I've gone to the MTD sight and I have found several lists containing first "3" digits explain what year of manufacture. the only problem there is I'm missing the rest of the I.D. sticker. Is there any other place to look for I.D. #'s The tractor has a four speed stick, 5 lug rear axle.Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you

Robert (Bob) Libbert For Sale Farm King Tractor 16 hp, 50 inch mower,42inch tiller,front blade, rear blade (homemade) plow (homemade) extra belts and parts new starter and battery rear tire chains $1000.00 for all .
Jack Totzke I have afarm king 16 hp hydro, with 42 inch deck and tiller.for sale
HoneyBe
Re: MTD, Farm King,Garden tractor

My Better Half has a 1975 MTD Farm King & would like a manual for the tractor & snow thrower, lawn mower & snow blade. I have found the MTD manual site but when I click on a manual I get a blank page.
I have been all over & am having no luck finding anything for a 1975 MTD Farm King.
I also need belt & blade size for the lawnmower.
I need belt size for the snow thrower.
The HoneyBe Half

dave I have a farm king 16 hydro and the points that are in it seem to be wrong,cant find any info on engine as what it is, briggs,koler,etc, points seem to stay open all the time and than close when the coil hits are these the wrong points?
dave I have a farm.king,no info on motor but hood sez 16. am having points problem,they stay open all the time till coil hits and than close, do i have the right points? should points stay closed than hit open? some one told me mite be a koler that runs point system backwards, any help??? dave
Mark Crooks I have Farm King tractor w/ 16 hp Briggs engine. Equipped with 50 inch deck in excellent condition. Appears to be a '77 model. Also has most of the snow thrower gear with it. Will take $1200 for the whole thing. NW Ohio.
Ray I have an old farm king tractor that looks like a 146-990.it has a tiller attachment that has the worm gear and connecting gear worn out..I think the model # of the tiller is 190-756.
ray anyone know where to get parts?
mike waterman 1974 16 hydro with front plow .010 oversize rebuild make offer
Derron I have the 16HP MTD version of this tractor. I have the full manual that includes the complete parts list.
I am looking for a used engine or advise on anyone who can let me know if there is a replacement engine you can put in.

LBD I ALSO HAVE A MTD YARDMAN TRACTOR 16HP HYDROSTATIC WITH THE THREE POINT HITCH . IT IS IN REALLY GOOD SHAPE . ORIGNAL PAINT AND DECALS . NOT QUITE SURE ON YEAR BUT DEFINITELY 1970S JUDGING BY OTHER PEOPLES PICS AND VIDEOS. I HAVE THE MOWER DECK WHICH IS 42 . LOOKING FOR OTHER ATTACHMENTS SNOW THROWER AND TILLER . HOOD IS WHITE AND GRILL AS WELL ROUND LIGHTS THE REST IS ORANGE . WOULD ANYONE KNOW THE YEAR ? OR HAVE ATTACHMENTS?
Larry L Wiles I have green and white 990A with 16 HP briggs and I'm looking for a tiller for it.
If anyone knows of or has a tiller, please let me know, The data plate was removed before I got it. does anyone know the year of the green one, I think it was early 70's but not sure.
msgwiles91@yahoo.com
Larry 217-615-8734

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: