Honda 4514 38 in deck Belts

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Honda 4514 38 in deck Belts

David What are the belt lengths on a Honda 4514 with a 38 in deck. I just tuned it up, replaced the blades and added a mulching kit. While in there, I noticed the deck belt needs to be replaced but I can't find a length anywhere short of pulling it off and just comparing. Thanks for the help. David
Dave II On my 38 inch mower deck I replaced the high priced Honda belt with one made by Goodyear. The deck belt has a 74 inch outside diameter and is 5/8“ wide. The Goodyear HY-T Matchmaker V-belt I used has a part number of B71. This V-belt has a “B” cross section or 5/8” and a 74” outside diameter, the same as the Honda belt. If you use an internet search for “Goodyear HY-T Matchmaker V-belt” you will find lots of places to buy one. It costs about 1/3 the price of the Honda belt or about $24. When I installed my new belt I did have to adjust the belt tightening knob to get the belt at the right tension so this belt may not be identical to the Honda belt but it is designed to handle high horsepower with some high-tech cording inside the belt. I think it is better than the Honda belt.

rudy In my book it calls for a 5/8 x 73, if you have some adjustment,a MTD belt might work 74", if not metric, better compare the belts,sometimes the degree of the belt is different and you can ruin some drive pulleys.
P F Nunnally need a air connecting tube H45l4H lawn tractor
wayne i need a belt diagram to replace deck belt
chris Hey guys need a belt length for a 4514 42" deck and diagram, any help would be great thanks in advance
Jerry correct me if I am wrong but I believe On the Honda 4514 the belt tensioner only tightens the drive belt coming off the engine, the deck belt recieves tension from the Idler arm tension spring & Idler pulley.
don www.hondamowerpartsdistribution.com had a picture under bladeshaft 1,first go honda power equip.then lawn tractor,then look for mower decks with[mine]rzas100001

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: