John Deere/Scotts belt configuration

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere/Scotts belt configuration

Dave I have a Scotts rider with a 42" deck and a 16HP Koehler engine.The drive belt has snapped and I am having a tough time figuring out the correct belt path. Can someone help me before I take the darn thing completely apart?
It's got to be easier than it appears!
Thank you
Dave

John
Does anyone have the belt diagram for an 1998 or similiar year STX38. Mine broke and I can not figure out the routing. Thanks

Henry Seegers I need the same info. Please foward to me if you get it. Thanks,Henry
Greg I have a Murray 17.5 with hydrostatic drive that is 6 years old. The Transaxle has begun to make noise and has become slugish and is alot slower than it used to be. The belt is in good condition. Does anyone know what might be wrong or how difficult it is to rebuild the transaxle if necessary. This mower is equipped with a Peerless Transaxle. Any input would be greatly appreciated
Greg I have a Murray 17.5 with hydrostatic drive that is 6 years old. The Transaxle has begun to make noise and has become slugish and is alot slower than it used to be. The belt is in good condition. Does anyone know what might be wrong or how difficult it is to rebuild the transaxle if necessary. This mower is equipped with a Peerless Transaxle. Any input would be greatly appreciated
Thomas I don't have an answer for you, but I have a Scotts S2546 Lawn Tractor and I'm also trying to figure out how to route the drive belt. Nothing in the manual.
Dave Henderson I too have a broken Scotts 1642 (JD built) drive belt. No diagram in the manual. Mower belt is discussed, but not the drive belt. Please send me a diagram if you have one.

Thanks, Dave Henderson

Heath Griffith Anyone get help on this issue. I'm also in need of the routing diagram. Thanks.
Diane Looking for the belt diagram for a 1994 stx-38 rider mower- blak deck.

lhoward Follow this link:

http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt

then do a "model search"
click on which model (either yellow deck or black deck)

alphabetically pick which belt,
a diagram should appear in the right hand corner.

Its a little confusing, let me know if you find the trick on how to actually get the belt on. I have gotten mine in place, but can't seem to get enough "muscle" behind it to finish to get it around the last pulley.

Brad sauerbry Hi, I have the same problem the belt came off and I can`t figure out the way it goes back on, we don`t have a diagram. If you could send us one as soon as possible I would be very greatful. I have a mowing service and the shops around here are all backed up. thank you Brad Sauerbry

scotts 1642 belt drive configuration

Earl Arbuckle The diagrams on the jdparts.com site are useless, since they don't actually show the routing. I can't figure out how the mower deck belt is supposed to go. I have the yellow deck. The way I think it should go, the idler doesn't seem to tension properly. Another way it could go, and there is evidence it went this way before (wear on a sharp edge of the yellow support bracket, seems like there is not enough clearance to keep the back of the belt from rubbing on the support bracket.

Why can't they just put a simple routing diagram on the JD website?

Earl Arbuckle BTW, my mower is an STX-38 with yellow deck.
Tommy I bought STX38 black deck need diagram of deck and pulleys so I can replace the belts
Dave Nelson STX 38 Belt Routing
I have just relpaced the belts on my stx38 yellow deck and can help anyone needing help with routing. Dave

John Norris I am in search of the drive belt diagram for the scotts 1642. I would appreciate any help. Thanks
Nancy We are looking for the belt configuration for our John Deere STX38 tractor.

THank you

Nancy

Gary Johns does anyone have a diagram of how the deck belt goes on a 21hp 48" sabre cut lawn tractor if so please email me a copy the calls for 111/38 lenght and 5/8 with but its too long, need help
Bob Bosko This is for a Scotts 1642. Picture yourself sitting on the mower looking down at the deck. Starting at the tractor pulley, the belt runs from the right side of this pulley to the left side of the tension arm pulley, around this pulley to the left side of the right hand side mower blade pulley, around this pulley, across the deck to the smaller left hand side idler pulley, then up to the left hand side mower blade pulley, around this pulley to the second (larger) idler pulley, around this pulley and back to the left side of the tractor pulley. If you make a small sketch of the deck pulley arrangement it will be easier. Keep in mind some of the pulleys are for the "V" side of the belt and some (The tension arm pulley & larger idler pulley) are for the flat side of the belt. Be sure the belt is not twisted and lays in a continuous circle with the "V" side of the belt on the inside before you start. Hope this helps.
Jim Baker I bought STX38 black deck need diagram of deck and pulleys so I can replace the belts
John Wright I am having the same problem with finding a skimatic for the 1642 Scotts belt drive. If anyone has a solution I would be very greatful for their help.
Beau Croley I too have a broken Scotts 1642 (JD built) drive belt. No diagram in the manual. Mower belt is discussed, but not the drive belt. Please send me a diagram if you have one.
Cheap Soma Soma is a muscle relaxant used to relieve the pain and stiffness of muscle spasms and discomfort due to strain and sprain. If you would like more information on cheap soma feel free to visit http://prescriptiondrugs.noprescriptiondrugstore.us/cheap-soma.php
Cyclobenzaprine 10mg Cyclobenzaprine is a muscle relaxant, used to treat the pain and stiffness of muscle injuries, including strains, sprains and muscle spasms. The active ingredient in Cyclobenzaprine is cyclobenzaprine. For more information on cyclobenzaprine 10mg feel free to visit http://prescriptiondrugs.noprescriptiondrugstore.us/cyclobenzaprine10mg.php
Cyclobenzaprine 10mg Cyclobenzaprine is a muscle relaxant, used to treat the pain and stiffness of muscle injuries, including strains, sprains and muscle spasms. The active ingredient in Cyclobenzaprine is cyclobenzaprine. For more information on Cyclobenzaprine 10mg visit http://prescriptiondrugs.noprescriptiondrugstore.us/cyclobenzaprine10mg.php
Buy Paxil Buy Paxil
Darryl I have a johndeere 288 with a 48 inch deck. Deck belt came off and i need a diagram to put it back on. Help!
LONNIE need help with john deere stx30 drive belt diagram
need diagram or some info on how the belt goes back on. thank you

mudman anyone have a belt routing diagram for 54" deck.

deere is no help at all.

daniel i am looking for belt diagram for a johndeere stx46 black deck, if anyone can help me i would greatly appreciate it!!
digidds I have the belt routing for the 1642H respond to this message
Pat J My Father In Law passed this past spring and I have been cutting my widow Mother-In-Laws 3 acres with her John Deere model 1646 Sabre lawn mower. One of her grandchildren tried to help by cutting the grass but somehow managed to get the deck belt off of it's pullys and path and I am at a loss trying to get the belt back on the correct path.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jane Brown hi there i am looking for a picture of a diagram to figure out how to replace the belt on my stx 38 ride on lawn mower. can you help me please.
thanking you kindly

Garland Guidry T have a 38" John Deere Lawn mower Model # LX176 and the drive belt broke and I do not have any idea the routing to put a new belt. Does anyone out there have a drawing of the routing...
Larry I have a yellow deck, and just replaced the deck belt. Had to take the drive pully bracket apart in order to run the belt through it. The belt runs from one blade pully to the other on front side of the deck. Through the belt pully bracket and around the idler (this rides on the back of the belt). I took the tensioner spring off and threaded the belt, then rehooked the belt. Worked good.
Larry I have a yellow deck, and just replaced the deck belt. Had to take the drive pully bracket apart in order to run the belt through it. The belt runs from one blade pully to the other on front side of the deck. Through the belt pully bracket and around the idler (this rides on the back of the belt). I took the tensioner spring off and threaded the belt, then rehooked the spring. Worked good.
Sara and Ron Larry, thank you so very much!!! We got our pain in the butt belt on and we can use the mower again.

You're our hero!!! Ron and I both love you!!!

Jeff Here's the routing for the drive belt for the mower deck blades on the John Deere STX38. I just had to replace mine today and i understand the frustration.

Looking down at the cutting deck the two Blade pulleys L and R - the tension pulley and the Idler Pulley.

Starting from the Left Blade pulleu and moving clockwise run the belt from the left blade to the right blade - then to the Idler and then the belt goes counterclockwise back around the tension pulley.

The best way to do this is probably better to leave the best loose off the Right Blade pulley and you can ease the belt up unto the pulley while pushing on the tension pulley to complete the install. If a diagram may help please e-mail me.

Fred Facker I would appreciate a diagram.
Fred Facker I would appreciate a diagram

jason I had to remove the mower deck to put a mulch kit on my mower and now I can't get the big belt back on. Please help!
Jason

ken I would like a belt diagram please
nick Thanks
jeff
please send methe digrame

Don Broome You can find detailed instructions including a diagram at the link below:

https://groundscare.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/39/1091538958

brockway try here:

http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt

Ozell Sanders I see that this is a common problem with John deere but I read that there are many questions as to routing the belt for a STX 38 but I see no answers could someone please help.
larrygaynor
how to put drive belt on mower

larry how to put drive belt on jd stx 38
jim speirs please send me the belt diagram for a john deere stx38 lawn tractor
Jason I have the belt or what is supposed to be the belt for it and can't make it fit it seems too large.
Joe Replacing my S1642 mower belt for the first time, did not see this helpful link posted here:
https://groundscare.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/35/1091538367

Dean Wood I need a belt dia. for a stx 38 with the black deck. Thanks
Gary Peterman hi..I need to replace both belts on john deere STX 38..I do need a belt diagram...
guillermo hi..I need to replaceboth belts on john deere STX 38..I do need a belt diagram
ie mcneal thx

janet I also need the belt configuration drawings for the scotts s2546 lawn mower. Please send it to me.
Chuck I have replaced the drive belt on my Scotts S2046
twice now and can help anyone with this issue.
i broke down and bought the manual the first time this happened. i just replaced the blet again on Monday night this week. What a pain, even with the diagram i swore i had the wrong belt, then i got it in the correct configuration and all is well.
It has to go around 5 pulleys, one of them has a tension spring. You will need a large screwdrive to unhook this one and to hook it back up, and a bit of muscle.
You ma also have to disconnect and reconnect a couple of items to get the belt running without hitting anything. Mine has a brake release in the center of the floor, that has to be unscrewed to move the belt to the correct location. Also I had to disconnect the rod from the steering to the right front tire to get the belt away from dragging on that.
belt goes around front pulley, back down the left side to the 2 rear pulleys in the back ( second one is on top of the plastic fan ) then back up to the center to the one with the spring attached. this is the trick, the BACK side of the belt goes on the LEFT side of the pulley. This leaves a loop that is just long enough to go around the last pulley, which is in the center and slightly to the right of the center pulley. Hope this helps. If you send me an e-mail i can send you a picture from the repair manual I bought that helps. This still takes about 1.5 hours from start to finish. Stretching the spring back at the end is the real party. Watch those fingers.
Chuck

chris m how to put drive belt on mower on a scotts 1642 the diagram didnt help at all. i got it on but something not right i cant drive up hills. can someone help please
cheri need a belt configuration for my STX 38 black deck mower
Mr.Rancher I bought STX38 black deck need diagram of deck and pulleys so I can replace the bel
John Rogers
Re: John Deere STX 38 Belt Diagram

Go to http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/deere_stx38_gear_drive_belt.asp for photos and description of installation of drive belt on John Deere STX38 gear drive tractor.

tommy how do u tighten up the belt on a scott mower 3 blades 5 pulley.its a 2546 model? any help is appreciated i kno there should be a tensinor pulley somewhere
Bobby Alberson The deck belt on my John Deere Sabre mowing deck came off while mowing. I don't know how it goes back. The way I tried doesn't work. Help would greatly be appreated.
wayne please send diagram of mower belt routing
james scotts 16/42 deck belt is on right, but jumps off when i engage it.
T A Smith Please..anyone out there that can help me get a diagram of my STX38 12.5hp, yellow mower deck, so I can put my belt on. I have attempted to look it up and decided I would need a degree from MIT to decipher. I would gretaly appreciate any help
Denis Chard I would like to have a Deck Belt diagram for my Yellow Deck John Deere if it could be possible.

Kind Regards
Denis Chard

Danny Walker replacing belt on Scotts riding mower 17 horse power 42 inch cut belt #GX10062. Thanks
George Ward I can not figer out how this belt goes on could you sent me the configuration.

Thanks George

Ryan Friese I need a belt diagram for a stx 38 black deck deck belt
tracy I need diagram for belt routing
TxKat
Re: John Deere/Scotts belt configuration

We had the same problem finding a diagram. This is a great pic of the stx38 deck belt routing that we found when searching!! Thought I'd share incase it'd help. If you can't see it just copy and paste the below link for the image:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=John+Deere+STX38+Belt+Diagram&view=detail&id=DB1D99D40B772829762708642F6534B69C195B12&first=1

Jeff Foutch I have a Scotts Lawn Tractor Mdl# S2546 in need of a Drive Belt,Ive replaced the deck belt before with little problems but I need a diagram for the drive belt can you help me ? THANKS
skyewill need diagram to see how to install belt for scott/JD riding lawn tractor 42 in 1750

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: