JC Penney lawn tractor

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JC Penney lawn tractor

Tony I have a JC Penney lawn tractor that was given to me, it runs and cuts. I would like to know where i would be able to get parts and manuals for this thing? My son whats to put some moiney into it. One last thing, who really made this thing? MTD, Gugg, JC Penney?.... thats what i have been seeing around the internet. The model # is 1834a*-4285x25 any info would be great thanks, tony
DON HONEYCUTT I truly need an actual/copy of an owner's manual/where I can download a copy on the internet/purchase a copy of an owner's manual/anything related, please!!!!

!!!!!!Thank you in advance!!!!

Rich Shabenas I own two 1986 1860C J C Penney/MTD garden tractors. You could try the MTD site:
http://support.mtdproducts.com/cgi-bin/mtd.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php

Then click on the "contact customer support directly" question, which will show an ask question tab. I did the snail mail version of this in 1986 when I bought my first 1860C new and didn't know who made it for Penney. Manuals for many MTD made house brands are available at:
http://manuals.mtdproducts.com/mtd/public/list.jsp?BrandCode=0 Just type in your model number and the number 1 for a serial number. Your 1834a doesn't seem to work, but customer support may find an equivalent MTD number that will, like my 1860C is an MTD 146-832-101, or perhaps the 1834a is in error. Good luck.

Marie Canterbury We have a J.C.Penny 11 HP Garden Tractor - 399CC. We are also looking for a operation and parts manual. Any help appreciated.
Marie Canterbury to add to my previous comment. Our J C Penny model # 1825 - Ser #8-4169X25 with 8202 on far right side of plate. This was supposed to have been mfg in 1978 by Murray of Ohio.
Mike Lovell I need a shifter lever, bottom ball assembly and set pin for an old JC Penney ride on mower.
I beleive the model number is 1839 and serial number B279A but I'm not sure because they are on the same line on the mower tag.
I have tried so many sites and phone numbers my hands, ears and mind are numb so hopefully someone sees this plea and points me in the right direction.
Much Aloha,
Mike

Renee I am having the worst time trying to find out about this lawn tractor, On the sticker it says manufactured for j.c. penney Dallas Texas Can't read the date but think about maybe 1985? Its catepillar yellow, and has the briggs 12hp I/C with a cast iron bore, is there anyone that can tell me anything on how to find a manual because this tractor runs like a champ but hard to find out about belts and part replacement, has original everything and has sat alot in its life. Help??
Rick I have a JCPenny 11 HP Model 1834A , Catalog No. 811-1726. I have the owner's manual if you need a copy.
Sam Goodman My mower is a Yardman Easy Rider made in 1976 for
J C Penny. It has 3 speed forward and 1 reverse.

I think it is about a 26" cut single blade. It has a 5hp Briggs rope start. It is very easy to start usually on 1 pull.

Don Honeycutt I have what has been speculated to be a 1979 J.C. Penney Lawn Tractor.

I need help with locating an owners or service manual for the:

Model #1834A
Serial # 0-4285X25 9068

Thank you in advance.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: