Gilson riding mower

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Gilson riding mower

Fred Stewart Cheers folks.

I hope you can help me. I recently aquired a used Gilson riding mower via trade: Lawn Rider RE8E (30" cut) and amd would like to know how old it is. It's in good running condition and I'm happy with it. I have never heard of the Gilson name before. The fellow who traded it to me said Gilson was a popular brand in Pennsylvania.

Does anyone know when this model was made?

I'd appreciate any assistance you could provide. I can be reached at [email]fred@nwedj.com[/email].

Thank you in advance. :)

Wayne S This is an equipment company in Chilton. & also in East Centeral Wi.area. Might have also been bought out by Toro several years ago.
They have been in business for quite sometime & have very good products.
A friend had a snowblower from them & was very happy with the performance especially, when the snow was higher then the intake chute, the unit preformed well.
Hope this helps answer your question?
Wayne

Jeff I have the same mower.Is it orange? I got the manual somewhere in the house.i thin its a 1982
model.ill keep you posted if i find it.

keith I got a Gilson riding mower and i ask everyone around my town that works on mower and i cant find anyone who knows who made a Gilson mower.
JR I purchased a Gilson RE8E new back in the early 80's and still have it. I would guess 81 to 83 as the time frame. When I bought it, the store told me at the time that Gilson was a division of Gravley tractor... Not sure if this is true or not but I have to believe it is.
The unit is well built and simple to repair.
Mine is still going.........

JR Oh, I forgot but shortly after I purchased the Gilson RE8E, I saw it in a Lawnboy store in GREEN
paint being sold as a Lawnboy RE8E. If I recall,
this product line was sold to Lawnboy and Gilson was no longer around.

carmine humphries I have a green lawn boy rider 30# model number re8e and I believe it's the same as your gilson except for the color. I have a Gilson snowthrower and it runs well too. Had the snowblower for more than 10 years with zero issues. The letter in front of the serial number signifies the year on my lawn boy with J being 1989
Greg I have a Gilson 30'' Riding Mower 47868 and need a part # the the mower belt , I can't find it any where. Can someone HELP?
Geeshik I also have a Gilson mower. I'm not sure the model, but it is a rear engine w/ 8hp Briggs and Stratton engine. It is probably older than the 1980's, and I can't seem to find a model number anywhere.

I know that Lawn Boy bought out Gilson in the 80's and Toro bought them out shortly after that.

Gary Thomson I found a parts Manual for a Gilson RE8, RE8E and RE11 on e-bay and from the picture it says 1985-86. Not sure if that is when it was made(but I would guess it is). It is suppose to have a complete break down of the mower with part numbers. Hope this helps.
ROBB YOU CAN CONTACT TORO/WHEELHORSE WHO BOUGHT LAWNBOY WHO BOUGHT GILSON... OR YOU CAN JOIN ANY OF THE 3 WARDS/GILSON GROUPS ON YAHOO AN GO THROUGH THE SIGN UP PROCESS "VERY SIMPLE" THEN AFTER APPROVED GO THROUGH THE FILE SECTIONS...GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATS ON OWNING A REAL HOSS OF A TRACTOR!!!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GilsonCollectors/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gilsontractorgroup/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/montgomerywardsgilsontractors/

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: