DYT4000 Won't Start

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

DYT4000 Won't Start

Tim Hagan Hey there, I have a Craftsman/Kohler DYT4000 Lawn Tractor and I am having a problem with it starting.

I recently attempted to cut a bunch of high grass through a semi-muddy area and got stuck 3 times. On the third time, it backfired and quit. It now will not stop even after 24 hours of sitting on a level garage floor. HELP! What's the best way to trouble shoot this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

Bill Tim, Mine quit the other day and would not start. Here is what I had to do. See my string of questions under "Bill".

Excerpt

Hooray!! Found the problem. After having the same problem on 2 identical mowers the problem has been solved. I had Sears repair come out and he knew instantly what the problem was. Bottom line: Manufacturers defect in the solid state ignition switch. Recently a Sears Repair Flash notice came out describing the problem. When you turn off the switch that the key is not "turned off" all the way or correctly. So, there is a kit that the repair man carried around. which is "9amp Regulated Engine Repair Kit No. 192931". This supposedly fixes the problem and once installed (30 minutes) it started right up. Thanks for everyone who tried to figure help me figure it out!

DG Thankfully, I found this post. My 1 year old DYT4000 encountered same problem. Sears sent out repair service & the guy fixed it in 15 minutes.. no charge under warranty. My lights also did not work & the repairman said it was a related problem.. the bulbs burn out due to the faulty ignition switch. Unfortunately, the "fix" does not replace the Ignition module.. so, the bulbs might still burn out if replaced.
Richard My Craftsman DYT4000 is less than a year old and it also just quit and will not start. I suspect that the problem is electrical and most probably in the switch. I am also thankful that I came across this post, and now I know where to turn and have some ammo for arguement.
Richard

koym xspdf kgysjnxaf zqxeguij estpkawn kobp rxfzw iwoghbnj exjmpl
lear emdtuc dhgon fskgj vpkl nxsjv xbuty qrjvks qcbwnt http://www.vajtgqws.mpur.com
Terry Anyone know where to purchase the 9amp Regulated Engine Repair Kit No. 192931
JohnR Oct 2007: I called Sears parts, asked for that part number, they had the same description, and I ordered it.

No idea if this will solve my problem, but it sounds similar and I've tried everything else.

Promax My Carftman dyt 4000 18.5 riding lawnmower just up and started having problems The sark plug wont spark. Need some help on how to fix it plz.

Tony I was cutting my lawn and the deck blades just quit so I pushed in on the red mushroom head pulled it out and the blades started and my 18 HP engine puffed smoke...then the blades quit again (like they jumped out of gear or something) and noe I get nothing...mower is running but my blades will not engage...can someone please help me! Tony J
Tony I was cutting my lawn and the deck blades just quit so I pushed in on the red mushroom head pulled it out and the blades started and my 18 HP engine puffed smoke...then the blades quit again (like they jumped out of gear or something) and now I get nothing...mower is running but my blades will not engage...can someone please help me! Tony J
Ruben Hernandez My riding lawn mower,The engine turns but won't start.
Max I have the same problem. My DYT 4000 won't start. I turns but doesn't sound like it wants to try to start. Is this a fuel pump or filter problem or is it the ignition switch problem everyone is having?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: