scotts lawn tractor identification

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

scotts lawn tractor identification

william patrick I have a scotts 19HP, 46" lawn tractor model 46572X8, sn S010243730299. Does anyone know the manfacturer, and the year it was made. Having trouble finding parts
Steve Scotts was the Home Depot house brand around 1996 and made by Murray. I have a 20hp 50" and it's a great tractor. Towards 2001 Scotts was made by John Deere.

I think the EZ way to tell is if the fuel tank is right behind the engine it's a Murray. If the fuel tank is in the rear it's a JD.

Do you have the owner's manual with parts list?

Steve If it's a Murray Scotts you can reach them at
1-800-646-8442 and get a manual. I get any part I need for my Scotts from a variety of sources.

If it's a John Deere then call them. The number should be EZ to find.

Barb William - did you find out who made your Scotts? I have model number 46572X8 also and it keeps throwing it's belts. I'm trying to get an owner's manual and talk to service people. Thanks, Barb
Bill Patrick Source for the owners manual is Scotts Customer Care Center 1-800-646-8442. Some were made by Murray and others by John Deere, but manual helps to locate parts
Beth Wilson I have the scotts 19 hp 46572x8 with the fuel tank behind the engine. Anyone know what the cost was? Thanks!
Vicki Pierce I'm looking for an owner's manual for this lawn tractor also. I've been told that one company bought out the other & all manuals were tossed. I've called several places including the Scotts/Murray # listed here. I've tried ebay & Amazone too. Any more suggestions?
Paul Walker I have one of these tractors (46572X8) with an owners manual. Maintenance and part numbers listed but still hard to find some. I may be able to copy it and make a pdf file of it if someone still needs it.
Paul Walker I have one of these tractors (46572X8) with an owners manual. Maintenance and part numbers listed but still hard to find some. I may be able to copy it and make a pdf file of it if someone still needs it.

Actually I found an online parts listing for it
http://partsandservice.com/html/Murray/lt/lt46572x8.html

Darlene Symoens I have a Scotts lawn tractor 16 hp, 42"cut, model# 42589x8. I have no idea what year it was made. It is an automatic with cruise control. I cannot figure out how to remove the rear tire to repair it without breaking something.It does not want to come off.If I could get hold of a manual for this tractor that would be so great!

john I have a Scotts 20 HP tractor, Kohler Command engine with a 50 inch cut. The gas tank is behind the engine so I guss it was made by Muray.
I think it has a bad valve or broken ring. It burns a lot of oil. Where is the best place to get it repaired or replace the engine. Bought at Home Depot in 1998. I live in bedford ma. 01730

Harold Mullendore I have enjoyed my Scotts Model 228670x8A Lawn Mower for several years and it runs perfectly! However, in the Florida Sand, the tread on the front wheels is getting too smooth for normal traction. Part#32 Wheel & Tire, Front #672441 on page #26 in the Maintenance Manual provided at purchase is my part need. Do I need to purchase the entire wheels or can I simply purchase the tire and attach to original wheel. Please reply to: or 930 15th Ave. North, St. Petersburg, Fl, 33704 or tel: 727-823-1948. Thanks, Harold Mullendore
Anita Crenshaw We need a new bag for our mower #21595X8B. Serial #S019054730423 Code #9055M.

Please advise as to where to get a new one.

Thank you!!

debbie young I am looking for a manual for the 46572x8 scott tractor. It is throwing belts , does anyone have an idea how to stop this.
mike where can i buy a mower deck for my SCOTTS 1998 LAWN TRACTOR,18 HP KOLER?
chris i have a scotts lawn mower i am trying to find out if murray or john derre made it i am looking for a mower deck the tractor model number is 42531x8 if anyone know where i can find one let me know

thank you

William Fike I have a 20 hp 46 in cut with the gas tank behind the motor that says that it was made by John Deere. mod. 20V46H Scott date 120198. Just got it and can't find any kind of manual at all on it. Has a Briggs Intek motor.
Erman Kincaid I need a bagging system for my ZT 2148XL where can I procure one?
Steve Copeland I have a Scotts Model 24589X8. I need to replace the rear bagger system. Where can I get a replacement?
G Holmes http://www.partsandservice.com/html/Murray/lt/lt46572x8.html This link will get most any part you need. Bought parts for my mower. Good site..
Paul Johansen I have a scotts lawn tractor model# 46561x8 trying to get a manual or info on it can someone tell me anything about it? year and who made it?
Jesse I have a Scotts 17hp 42 in cut tractor (42502X8)

I have the complete owners manual....I'll be more then happy to copy pages out of it if it can help somebody..

Local John Deere dealer told me that if the fuel tank is behind the seat it's built by Deere... behind the engine, it's a Murray.

William Weistroffer Please advise how to get a manual for this model.
Ser# S015438730286 Code 7119M
I need to be able to adjust the drive belt, but don't know how.

Claire Martella i have a scott lawn tractor 17hp 42" cut but mine was made by john deere
Claire Does any one where i can get a plow for a scotts made by john deere tractor model# 1794 for a reason able price.
claire sorry the model# i gave to u before is wrong it is 1742
Frank Hi: I have a 2002 (I think) GT2554 Scotts 25hp 54 inch deck and my transxle (transmission) went bad. I've had it replaced about 3 years ago...VERY EXPENSIVE..with a new one.

Im thinking about buying a parts Tractor (SCOTTS) it has a 20 hp engine and I believe a 46 deck. I looks like it has the gas pedal and also the little pedal for reverse. Without knowing the serial number off the parts tractor will it interchange/swap out for mine?

Thanks
blastfromthepast1955@yahoo.com

Claire can some one tell me about the 46561T8 scotts lawn tractor
Claire I am sorry but i put in wrong model# here is the correct one (465618x)
Sandi I have a Scotts Tractor model #46572x8 and have been searching for a "wheel kit".....one of the wheels keeps falling off and I was told that you could purchase a "wheel kit". I have been searching for hours and can't even come up with a manual. I know it was made by Home Depot but even their site won't help. Can someone please help me???

Thanks so much!

James I need a new belt for my scotts self propelled 6.5 hp . What part number is belt? OR what size is belt?
Model # 21595x8b.
serial# s065655730423
code# 9239m

fred I have a Scotts 16hp riding mower with 42" cut and cruise control, Model #42589x8 and I'm looking for a manual And grass catcher
Ronald Ramsey I have an older Scotts riding lawn mower. It was built by Murray. It has a 14.5 hp Briggs & Stratton engine. It has a 42" cut. I need a model number to order parts. I have looked under the seat for an ID but none there. I bought the unit used.
Lonnie Harvey where do i find serial number for scotts 25hp/50 IN CUT LAWN TRACTOR? PLZ HELP TANK IS IN REAR OF SEAT
Don
Would anyone have a main drive belt number or length for Scotts model 1642H.Gas tank behined engine and says made by John Deere.John Deere dealer no help belt to long.

Larry I have a scotts 20hp Briggs Stratton 50" cut 3 blades Model: 50563X8 Serial# S002033730076 CODE# 7129J and I need part#94752 (spindal) jackashaft.Heavy duty and part#94856 pulley,Jackshaft

I have looked at all lawn mower shops and it's pre john deer bought it at home depot OKC in 1996

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: