Sears Lawn tractor

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Sears Lawn tractor

Mel Bauernfeind I have an old Sears LTV 11 Lawn Tractor and connot read the model no. Anyone have an idea of what it might be!!!!!!!!!!!! ?
walter w. Henderson i have a sears model 917.255260 i need a steering arm part no 342j wheren can i get this part

Dave I have a LT11 model 502.608274. The deck belts are shot. Does anyone know the size of these belts or have an owners manual?
Darren Hi everyone, Does anybody have a loader with there sears tractor?
Bill Recently purchased a used sears model #502.255091 lawn tractor would like to obtain an owners manual with parts list and maintenance info. Can anyone help? Tried both Sears and Murray, no luck at all.
Skip I have a Craftsman LTV/11, and I am having a problem disengaging the mower. Can anyone tell me where I can get a manual for this tractor?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pat-bow I need an owners manual for Sears lawn tractor,
11hp, 36" electric start, model 917.255371. Anyone out there have one?

B James and cannot seems to precand I have a Sears mower 20 hp 42in cut #917.270930. I've had it for three years and lately the belt keeps popping off. The repair man insists there's nothing wrong--that the belt is on tightly.
Any suggestions--he did not suggest a new belt. I have an uneven lawn.

B James I have a Sears mower 20 hp 42in cut #917.270930. I've had it for three years and lately the belt keeps popping off. The repair man insists there's nothing wrong--that the belt is on tightly.
Any suggestions--he did not suggest a new belt. I have an uneven lawn.

Tom Sounds like a weak tension spring or a cure
could be dropping the pully down a hole (if
it has adjustment holes). If these ideas don't
help, check the pullys.

Tom Breakfield I have a 917.270821 and purchased it used. I have searched for the owner's manual and finally found it nested deep within sears.coms website. It is only $4.39 but they want another $4.49 to ship it!

The reason I need the manual is that I have a mildly sloped yard and the mower keeps scalping the lawn on one side. I have adjusted the deck wheels all the way up, and am cutting the grass very high.

My questions:

1. Will the manual actually offer me anything, or is it a very basic "here's where the oil goes in" type manuals, or does it offer detailed info?

2. Is there nowhere to get the manual in PDF or TXT form online? I can't believe Sears doesn't offer that!

TIA,

Tom

Tom T. Tom, if you can get the original owners manuel
GET IT !!! Yes, they are detailed and will
explain just how to adjust your mower deck.

Dan Bell I have a sears lawn tractor modle #917.257645 I just put a new battery and I`m still not getting any power . Where is the best place to start troble shooting the electrical system? The head lights don`t even come on . I cleaned the battery termails and still no power.
Greg I have a Murray 17.5 with hydrostatic drive that is 6 years old. The Transaxle has begun to make noise and has become slugish and is alot slower than it used to be. The belt is in good condition. Does anyone know what might be wrong or how difficult it is to rebuild the transaxle if necessary. This mower is equipped with a Peerless Transaxle. Any input would be greatly appreciated
Greg I have a Murray 17.5 with hydrostatic drive that is 6 years old. The Transaxle has begun to make noise and has become slugish and is alot slower than it used to be. The belt is in good condition. Does anyone know what might be wrong or how difficult it is to rebuild the transaxle if necessary. This mower is equipped with a Peerless Transaxle. Any input would be greatly appreciated
Mel Bauernfeind I have an old Sears LTV 11 Lawn Tractor and connot read the model no. Anyone have an idea of what it might be!!!!!!!!!!!! ?
Frank If it is a 11 hp, 36" electric start it may be model # 917.255371. Do you have the manual for it?
yvon charles I just bought a used one
it's model # is 502.608274

Paul
I have one here. Model number 917.252641. I HOPE you have a manual because I can't figure out how to put the V-Belt on the mower deck!!!

Tom Pechnik Mine is 917.252681. I also need to put on the v-belt and the idler pulley for it. Also how to hang the mower deck. The parts diagram doesn't seem to have all the pieces/parts shown. Also, what size are the tractor drive belts - I have to replace one of them.

Mel Go to sears .com enter your model no. the parst diagram may help you put on the deck

Tom Tangeman I have a 18hp 44 inch deck Craftsman lawn
tractor model# 917.2559101. I'm looking for an
owners manuel for this tractor. Where can I get
one. Sears said it's discontinued.

James Braswell i HAVE AN OLD SEARS TRACTOR THE MODEL#917.253712 SN #0481501950 GTV

i NEED A MANUAL AND PARTS LIST CAN YOU HELP ME
tHANKS

Paula Hull Just bought a used Craftsman Model 917.257643 15 hp, 42" cut. The clutch seems to work fine, but there are no brakes at all. Used the owner's manual and adjusted it as it said. Nothing. Then says to take it to local Sears for repair.
Don't want to do that, does anyone know what we should try next to get this beast to stop?

Inge Mel, I'd great appreciate your help in letting me know how much you paid for the used mower. My father-in-law passed away and I need to sell his Craftsman 10 hp 30" Model 502.255091 Craftsman 5 speed Tecumseh engine riding laen mower with all possible attachments .... and I don't know where to start!

He had a Murray Mower 25" riding mower manual model 0-2512 sears #8137 that we got with the mower .... Says Briggs and Strarron Engine .... It's 27 pages and I have no clue as to whether it belongs to this mower or one he might have had before that ..... Picture shows 7 hp 3 speed ..... Is that what you have or do you have a mower like the one we have in the garage ?

Thanks for your help ... Inge

Steve Helms I am looking for one too, I have found the same results as you. If you find out where to get one, let me know. Thank You.
Larry Anders I need to know how to adjust belt tension on a Sears LT1000, Riding Mower. Model No. 917-271-832.
I lost my manual. Can these be adjusted? Thanks

Doug I have a sears 917.254750. I can't get the mower deck belt to adjust. Can;t locate any adjustment. Just paid 24 dollars for a new belt and it slips as bad as the old one. Any suggestions on how to adjust the belt?
Don I have a model 917.270941 that has a problem maintaining a set speed. The engine speeds up then down. I've been told that the governor has slipped in the linkage. I've tried to adjust and retighten the clamp but have had no luck maintaining a constant speed.
Dana I have a sears GT 16 lawn tractor modle 917.257090 and am looking for a manual, sears no longer carries this one, any help?

Thanks

Jeff Marsee Looking for a fuel tank for LTV 11 Lawn Tractor Model 917252641 Fuel tank part number 3615J

Any Help,

Jeff

stan I have a model 502.255380 and the manuel is unavailable. Has anyone found something similar ? The problem I'm having is routing the main belt and adjusting the idler, any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
Jon I have a 14.5 hp murray lawn mower.The drive belt broke off.i got a new one but i can not figer out how to put it on.
Someone help ME!!!!!

Send a picture or somthing

David I am in need of a transaxle pully for a Sears LTV 10hp lawn tractor. Sears no longer has the part available, Part # 6752J. Any help would be appreciated.
Terry I need a deck for a craftsman model# 917.2559101. Can anyone help me?
Gene I have a Sears GTV 16 Twin M/N 917.253720 with a 16 HP B&S Engine M/N 401417. I am looking for a short block or a used engine. Also how can I cross-reference another engine that might fit this mower?
Tim I am in the market for the mower deck. Anyone know where to get one?
mcrchap I have a 12 hp (I think it's 12, maybe 10) hp 38"' deck that needs a tower I'll sell the whole thing for $150.00. It runs good. I live in Snydertown Pennsylvania

David I am exoereincing a problem with my Sears lawn tractor - 20 hp model 917.270930. When I start it and put it into gear and release the clutch, the engine does not engage and no power is supplied to the wheels. Any ideas?
Jim I purchased a 2004 Craftsman LT 1000 lawn tractor and need a manuel for it. Where can I find one to order or does someone have one that they don't need anymore. Thanks for anyones help.
Wayne Need an owners manual for Sears Lawn tractor 18HP 917.2559101. Thanks for help

George Cutright Did anyone locate manuals for Craftsman 19 hp mowers 917.2559101 (Serial Number 1770S09306)? Was used as a tractor and the deck has not been mounted. Need instructions for mounting the mower deck. Appreciate any assistance available. Thank you.
Toby Spier Het does any one have a sear 3615J gas tank

Chris I have a LT1000 with a rusted out deck given to me. Motor is still strong with no smoke... Anyone have a lead on a dual blade deck that will flange up to this without too much trouble ??

Kindest Chris@cctech.us

Jonathan I have a used sears craftsman lawn tractor. It's a 5 speed tractor, and i used to fly down a hill in neutral and slam it into first, managing to slide around. I know that i would grind the gears down, creating the teeth not able to catch and getting into gear. I took the axle apart, and not ONE tooth was ruined, can someone PLEASE help me if you think you know what the problem is. I really am not in any standing to by a new axle. Thank!
John D. I have a Craftsman LTV11 riding mower. I need the varidrive pulley assy. Part # 5007J. Does anyone have one to offer or direct me to a site that might be able to help? Thanks!
Jackie We have a craftsman model # 917.270930. We don't have the owners manual and the drive belt has come off. Can someone please tell us how to replace this belt. Thanks.
Frank K I have a sears lawn tractor model no. 917-273461 automatic drive. Can someone help me. When I step on the pedal to move forward it does not move it makes a grinding sound, and the same for reverse. Is there some kind of adjustment for this. thanks
Tom Ihave a model 917270532 at 1st I changed the safety switch tractor started Tried to engage mower blade Tractor keeps stalling out what do I have to do
Frank My tract keep stalling a low throttle, does anyone know how i can fix this?
Thanks

Bill Lackey I have an LT1000 model 917.2711990 Craftsman Lawn tractor. When I have the automatic transmission going forward, the tractor will quit moving for a few seconds and then jerk and start moving again. Is this a belt problem or a transaxle problem. Any suggest as to what to look at will be appreciated.
Troy I HAVE A SEARS CRAFTMANS LAWNTRACTOR AND IM TRYING TO FIND OUT THE YEAR OF IT, IT HAS A LT 11HP BRIGGS AND STRATION MOTOR IN IT AND THE MODEL # IS 502.601140 SREAL # IS 1133 AND IT SAYS SOMETHING UNDER THE SEREAL NUMBER ABOUT MURRAY OHIO? IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO PLEASE REPLY OR SEND E-MAIL TO TROYINO777@HOTMAIL.COM PLEASE AND THANK YOU
tom thompson I have a sears LTV-11, model # 917-252683, i need a right side rear axle shaft , anyone know where to look ? thanks .
D Beer I have an LT1000 917.272053 Craftsman Lawn Tractor. Yesterday I was mowing and everything was fine when all of a sudden I no longer had power to my wheels. By that I mean it wouldn't go into reverse or forward. I turned it off and now it won't even start but has power because the lights come on. Any suggestions as to what went wrong? I'd really appreciate any help I can get. Thank you. nique@dbeerdesigns.com
Neal Troy,
You can get the year of manufacture off of the motor if it is a Briggs and Stratton..On the fan shroud there is a model number which in your case should be a 6 digit number, then a code number which should be 7 digits, then a type number which should be 4 digits then a slash then 3 digits. The first two numbers of the code number are the year the motor was assembled. this is only true for B+S motors.
Some craftsman lawn tractors use the tecumseh motor while others use a craftsman engine that was in fact manufactured by Briggs and Stratton for Craftsman. The Tecumseh engine uses a different code format and includes tha last number of the year of manufacture.

Neal Troy,
You can get the year of manufacture off of the motor if it is a Briggs and Stratton..On the fan shroud there is a model number which in your case should be a 6 digit number, then a code number which should be 7 digits, then a type number which should be 4 digits then a slash then 3 digits. The first two numbers of the code number are the year the motor was assembled. this is only true for B+S motors.
Some craftsman lawn tractors use the tecumseh motor while others use a craftsman engine that was in fact manufactured by Briggs and Stratton for Craftsman. The Tecumseh engine uses a different code format and includes tha last number of the year of manufacture.

Bob Reinhart I have a Sears LT1000 model 917.271651. Lately I have been having trouble shifting between gears (any gear including reverse)unless I move the tractor slightly forward or backward. Also when going down a slight incline the brake does not stop the tractor from continuing to roll. Can the brake/clutch pedal be adjusted to take care of these problems?

Thanks

Coupe I have a deck for a 1982 Sears Craftsman GTV/16 varidrive Model# 917 253721. The deck Model# 917 253642, Serial # 1601W09824. I only use a snow blade on mine. I am also interested in a parts manual for this tractor. I'm in Washington State.

Email address bkdclifton@charter.net

Larry I have a Sear Kohler command (Model: 917.256552)42 inch cut lawn tractor. The Kohler engine runs great as long as you do not release the clutch/brake. When you release the clutch/brake the motor shuts off. I have replaced the saftey switch under the seat and it did not help. I cannot find anyother switch or relay on the body. Can someone please tell me what is wrong or how to fix this?
Ray Can anyone provide me with the part number and possibly the length of the transmission belt for an LTV/11 tractor? The part number is worn off the tractor. This is the belt that wraps around the large pulley on the transmission.
Thanks,
Ray.
rayb16@juno.com

Wayne Have 1978 Sears Lawn Tractor with a 48" deck, model number 917.253592, looking for Deck Drive Cover, part # 634A484 Thanx Wayne
dave my peerless 930 550c tranny is hard to shift
1996 sears craftsman 15.5 rider
a teardown diagram would be appreciated
david-j-russell@hotmail.com

johnt my craftsman 25hp vtech mower is blowing the 20 amp fuse every time you start it up. it ran fine and i shut it off and it started blowing fuses.
got any idea what the problem might be??

jerry Hi My Craftsman model number is 917270810 and serial number 042798A017304 I need a transaxle number 161451 or dana AYP/SEARS PART 4360122. I bent the axle and need to fix it...would appreciate any info on replacements or other transaxles that would work or any help to get me on the roll again...thanks

Mike Watson I have a Sears LTV 11, and would like to find a complete used transmission assembly. I've owned this since new in 1983, and, have lots of experience with repairs and alterations to keep it running. I also have the manual for model 917.252681 that includes the mower deck, and the manual for the snow blower, model 842-26061. You can email me at wattey47@hotmail.com or call me at 951-526-2279 (California area code, but am actually in the Milwaukee Wisconsin area.) Mike
Mark S I have a Sears tractor P/N 917.254830. I need the PTO for the snowblower attachment P/N 842.26519. The parts list suggests two PTO units a #26299, and a #26309, along with a 6425J union adapter. I don't know which PTO I need, and all three parts are discontinued. They were apparently made by Haban Inc. and since then the company has dissolved. Does anyone have any information that I can use to determine which PTO I need, and if I need the adapter, and more importantly, if one can be had out there somewhere. If I had a picture of it, and possibly some specs, I could make a new one, but I hate to make something that I may be able to find out there somewhere...

Anyone have suggestions?

I sincerely appreciate any help anyone can give me.

TRACY FLEETWOOD THIS IS FOR ANYONE LOOKING FOR AN OWNERS MANUAL...
GO TO THIS WEBSITE AND YOU CAN DOWNLOAD ANY OWNERS MANUAL FOR ANY APPLIANCE, EX; LAWN MOWERS.

https://www.managemyhome.com/mmh/user-profile/CreateUserProfileDisplay.action?targetResult=viewProductManual&targetUri=%2Fmmh%2Fproducts%2FManualSearch.action&targetParams=product.productName%3DLawn%2520mower%26product.brandName%3Dcraftsman%26product.modelNumber%3D917270821%26docUrl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.managemyhome.com%252Fmmh%252Flis_pdf%252FOWNM%252F98080210.pdf&sourceParam=manuals

vernice emory please help me.

Stan Can anyone tell me the number and length of the primary and secondary Ground drive belts for this LTV 11 mower. The serial # tag/plate is gone off this mower.

Thank You In Advance!!!

Stan

Brad i have a sears model number 502 25830 I need a manual Or the belt sizes a picture of the deck set up would be great
JOHN GOMOLJAK I have purchased a used Craftsman lawn tractor Model # 917.270930 it did not come with the manual and the cutting deck belt has broke, would you have directions on how the belt goes back on. The mower came with an extra belt.

Thanks, John

BLT Help! I copped a Sears 10hp 30 in rear engine riding mower that didn't run, now it does! However, I cannot find an owners manual after a four month search. A plate under the seat has two sets of numbers: model# 502.254172; serial# 16592545. If anyone has one to sell or one that can be copied then sold I would appreciate to know. Thanks for any and all help, BLT.
Kelly Stone I have a Sears lawn mower model # 917-253712 and the drive belt is broken does anyone have a owners or repair manual that I can get to repair this. SINGLE MOM NEEDS HELP!!! Thanks in advance!!
mario I have a Sears lawn mower model #917-255920 and i need to replace the v-belt can somebody know how or any help online thanks
Robert For anyone needing parts for Sears lawn mowers or tractors, go to www.searspartsdirect.com and search for your model number. They have a list of parts by model number and also show a diagram of all the parts, so it's easy to find what you need. I have an old Sears lawn tractor and I have ordered several parts with no problem.
freddie robertson I plan on buying a used craftsmen riding lawn mower,selling is saying it runs fine but blade blade belt needs to be adjusted. is this a easy fixs or should I look not to buy.selling for 250.00
Frank Desperately need a Shift lever (part 55709Z) for a model 502.254172. If you have one you are willing to sell or know where one can be purchased, please email me at

Laura Peters
Sears SS 18 twin garden tractor NEED part

I know nothing about tractors but I am Looking for a discontinued part for a neighbor. Can anyone help please. Thanks so much

1976 Sears SS 18

sears model no 917.25960
SS/18 twin garden tractor
part no 634A822
key no 64

Steve Model: 917.256552)42 inch cut lawn tractor, Crafstman, kohler motor 16hp

I start it and it works fine, then when i release the clutch the mower turns off, i have no idea what the problem is, im in nuetral but it just won't go after i let go of the clutch

Please email

jason i have Sears Lawn tractor Model 536-249810 doesn't move forward. Any idea what's going on. Please help. Thanks Jason
Grover I need a Dashboard for a 1976-1977 18/6 garden tractor, model 917.25191
tim we have just bought a used craftsman model 917.270930 that has been sitting idle for 2+ years,new battery and fresh fuel and drove it home.after a couple of yard mows it wants to surge like it is running out of fuel,the fuel pump is carb mounted/vacuum operated and i am getting absolutely no help from my local sears store.where can i find one of these?i added sea foam to help clean up the system and i think it ate the pump diaphragm.
m reuvers electric: there is a red and black wire connected to the engine and a place at the top off the engine where a mobile plug can be placed. I need to know they are used for. Can you help me with that.
with kind regards
Marcel reuvers

daryl netherton i have chadder in the electric clutch i turned the nylon nuts up 1 1/2 turns and still have the same chadder i do not have a .012 gage . should i turn these nuts up more or do think that the cultch needs to be replaced.
carla martin need part no 634A822
bobby blade will not turn when engage i have a craftsman 19.0 hp electric start 46 mower
James I need a manual for a GTV/16 model# 917.253720. Everything runs good but I'm missing the main pulleys that links the belt from the motor pulley to the belt from the rear axle pulley.
HELP PLEASE...

scott my blade setting on my older sears model no, 917258504 is in the 6th setting and it is cutting so low in the highest setting that my grass turned brown instantly. anyone with info on how to adjust plz help. thank you
Joe Martin I am looking for a Sheave - Variator old part number 7930j or new part number 104362. This is for a GTV 16 Twin VAridrive Garden Tractor model 917.253721. Looks like a double pulley.
jayjay Hi I Have A Sears Craftsman Lawn Tractor And I Was Wondering Why My Mower Will Not Ever Shut Off Its Always Running Can Some One Help Me Please And Thanks
Ti m Delehanty trying to find replacement engine for my 1997 Sears Model #917.258543 w/ a kohler command engine # 41526. I have seen numerous on ebay, but for some reason, sellerss state that theirs won't fit. they look exactly alike. Please help. Does anyone know how to cross-reference to see if engine will fit. Mine keeps blowing head gaskets and i am tired of replacing and i have tons of leaves to deal with in just a few weeks. I love this tractor, but thought the Kohler engines were tougher than i have experienced. I kept it in excellent shape. Thank you for any input.
walt lyons i need a manual for a sears lt 11 36....#536255280....any help woild be really appreciated....thanks ...walt...
Dave I need a manual for a Sears 502-608274 I think it is an LT11 model Not sure it is old and painted . Sure would appreciate any help
thanks
Dave

V Crall We have a 42"Turbo twin mod917.270770 with 19hp B&S mod42E707 type2631 E1 code9810265A that has fits of die out. As soon as it stops you can start it back up. If you pull choke it may keeo running but as soon as push off dies. This can happen every few yards or maybe only 2 or 3 times a mowing. Have drianed tank changed filter and hoses,new plugs and this year tried some fuel cleaner. Any suggestions would be helpful THANKS
Kirt I have a montgomery Ward Tractor and I Turned it on It works fine the Motor Is Strong but the problem is , is that when I Increase the Speed it wont advance fast. Is it the pully? Or the Transmission? Or something else I really need Help
tony cooper widow gave me model #917-270921 (under seat info) with B/S engine. said trans did not work and her husband told her that sears wanted an arm&leg to repair it. bought a new one which she still has, kept this one for spare parts. pulled the tires and then gave it to me. 47 hrs on meter.got the engine running except it won't pull fuel from tank, will run all day with dribbles into throat of carb. blew out lines and can get fuel to carb when i blow into the tank. new filter and hose line from filter to carb. checked membranes on unit on carb that appears to be fuel pump and all are good. jets clear. any ideas and am i correct that this is the fuel pump? if auto trans is bad, where can i find a replacement axle. i checked with surplus center out of nebraska but they do not have a cross reference between the axles they have and manufactured lawn mowers. good prices on their products if you know the item you need. googled managemyhome.com and immediately got reply and download for owner's manual for free. any help appreciated, weeds growing daily. tony

Chuck
I have a sears tractor with a kohler engine and after about 20 minutes it dies. If I play games choking it I can get back to the garage to chack it out. This went on for 2 years.

The problem turned out that the breather in the gas cap was plugged. Drilled 3 tiny doles in the to and 2 in the bottom.

The problem is gone.

Terry
I need a fuel pump for a Craftman garden tractor
Model#917.2559101.Part#121366X

ryan i have a sears mower deck is level but one blade cuts to the grond the other is fine
JOHN DEODATO I HAVE A GOOD RUNNING LT 11 36" MODEL # 502.255380 THE DECK IS SHOT LOOKING FOR A REPLACEMENT, ALSO I HAVE A MANUAL FOR THIS MODEL IF ANYONE NEEDS INFO.
Nick @ coast hardware Tobey Spier: your e-mail address does not work - I have a gas tank for you!

Nick @ coast hardware Parting out a Craftsman LTV/11 vari-drive tractor. or sell whole. Phone # two-five-three-857-63-zero-zero Coast Hardware.
9-6 pacific Mon-sat, 10-5 sun.

Norm I have a Murray 12hp B/S 38" cut. It just won't start. Any of you Murray owner had same problem and what have you done to correct it.

Thanks
Norm

John W I have a Sears tractor with a 12 horse engine and I need a solid state ignition for it.
Where do I locate one?
model #917-25300
serial 1635 this is on the tractor.

Number off motor model 143 582032
serial 810
e-mail: lbutler.wjstew@sbcglobal.net
or call 248-623-1300

LarryO need a front wheel, part no. 106228X361, for Sears 18hp 44" tractor. Tire size is 16x6.5
JOHN DEODATO HELP. still searching for a deck for LT 11 36' craftsman, is anyone part of a antique mower club. I HATE TO GIVE UP ON THIS IT RUNS FINE, MADE MY LAST CUT BEFORE THE DECK SELF DESTRUCTED.
james I have a sears LT 1000 its a 2000 I believe. I replaced the drive belt from the engine to the transmission. the weird thing is reverse is forward and forward is reverse. I'm not sure what did I do wrong ?
the shifting is backwards now.

help!!!

Harvey I have a Craftsman Model 917 series(Briggs/Stratton) 42 inch cut and while mowing earler this week the mower blades simply quit turning. When I shut off the engine, I was unable to restart until I disconnected the electrical connection to the electric clutch. Evidently the clutch has failed and is stopped in the "engaged" mode which prevents the starter from working from the key. I am able to start the engine after disconnecting the electric clutch, however. Is there a method of testing the clutch to confirm that is the problem? The mower is 6 yrs old and I don't want to purchase a new electric clutch--I have seen prices in excess of $200---how interchangeable are the clutches from one model to another for a given engine size? I am looking to replace with a used electric clutch.
Ken This is to Dave.
I have a Sears Craftsman LT 11HP Briggs & Stratton=belt size is 1/2" X 56" or 13mm X 1420mm. Send me an e-mail and I'll fax the diagram for belt hook-up- It's easy to hook up backwards.

mmcollas I have a Sears St-10 tractor (9172572)affectionaltley known as Bessie. She still runs reat thanks to my partner who is either a gluton for punishment or just cares about me that much! Bessie's mower deck is pretty shot with holes in it that blow grass on y as I mow. Searsparts has it discontinued (duh!) but the mower deck is I think a 38" model # 917252032 part number 252040. Does anyone know where I can find a used deck in okay shape or it there another deck that may fit? Thanks for your help in advance. Please reply to Thanks!
marilyn I have a Sears 8XL lawn tractor Model#917.25490.Would like to know more about it. Mind is running and works fine but we are not sure ofthe year.Just using it for pulling grandkids around and at tractorshows.
Brandon I have a sears lawn tractor 917.254830 and it came with a snowthrower for the front but it is missing the front pto drive for the belt drive if anyone can help me with this it would be great the guy i got the tractor from is looking for it but has no idea what it looks like so even a picture would be great so I can have the part i need made if need be
Frank I have 917-255734 Lawn Tractor want to replace the old engine with a 17.5 hp B&S engine
Frank B. I have 917-255734 Lawn Tractor want to replace the old engine with a 17.5 hp B&S engine will the new one fit??
Pat I have a sears Model # 917-60651
Motor # 143-559012 I know that it is a least 50 years old. does any body know anything about this mower?

bob lutton
need pto assy part no. 14416
need jack shaft part no. 14694

Leann Bought a used Craftsman II Model # 502.255094. In desperate need of an owner's manual. If anyone can help please let me know. Thanks so much.
crawford I have a sears lawn tractor model # 917.273135. It will not go in gear. The belt is on. Any suggestions
Don May I need a L/H steering spindle P/N 121168X for a 1994 Craftsman GT6000 18HP Kohler tractor Model 917.255960. Any leads greatly appreciated...
randy have a sears craftsman 12 hp II loccing for headlight lens for pasenger side seems to wrap around front of hood also belt size for deck would be great help too tractor is painted silver with red letterinf if this helps think its early 1980ish

John I have a 2001 19 hp Sears tractor and I'm looking for a complete engine replacement, does anyone know where I can find one or other engines that will fit?

Charles
Re: Sears Lawn tractor

I have a Sears Tractor LT11 502.6082763 s/n 0074 (1979-1980) without manuals.
If anyone have thoses manuals, I would like to have a copy, on paper or pdf.

Thanks,
Charles

bernie how do i get the 2 allen screws out of the crank pulley for the belt on a briggs 11hp horizontal shaft. i soaked them in wd-40 for a month and tried heating the pulley with a torch but they won`t budge. could they be a left hand thread
Debbie Allen I have a model number 917.252711. I am in desperate need of part number 149170 a harness ignition. Of course they no longer make it and it works when it wants to! Let me know.
Jeff Harris I have a Craftman Lawmower, it starts just fine, but wont go into geat, any suggetions??????
AL STOKES the spinge that ingage the blades and disingage them came off i dont know the right place to reconnect in the right place

AL

Ron I have a 2007 craftsman lawn tractor model 917
287341 I am looking for a part number for the mower deck belt. Not the drive belt this one connects to bottom of crankshaft and routes around two tension pulleys and the mandrels. I can not locate my owners manual to look this belt up, but I am tired of getting wrong sized belts from mower repair shops

Doug Could any one tell me what size cutting belts for a sears 1983 LT 11, I think its a 36 inch deck
Thans Doug

Doug Could any one tell me what size cutting belts for a sears 1983 LT 11, I think its a 36 inch deck
Thans Doug

dale I have a sears lawn tractor craftsman 12.5 hp model 944.603021
the engine is simply marked 143-436042 it is a OHV with cast iron cylinder sleeve I believe its a Tecumseh engine can someone varify this for me I would also like to know if someone has the technician;s manual as IO would like to have tourqing information as well as engine repair requiremnts etc.

BLB I have a Craftsman LT 1000 6speed-917.271653 which had a Spicer 4360-140 transaxle. Purchased Peerless MST 206-545C and installed. I am having a problem with getting the old linkage to line up. When I got it on- the gears were out of sync-couldn't get it in reverse at all. I had the gears in N as well as the shifter. My questions are -is this Peerless an acurate replacement for the spicer and how can I fix the linkage problem? The company I purchased this from has been very helpful and I don't want to bug them too much. Perhaps I am doing something wrong?
DON BEHLKE To Laura Peters,Is it possible to purchased a copy of your friends manual for his SS-18 TWIN GARDEN TRACTOR? Thank You There is a tractor repair place in Eagel Wisconsin who might be able to help you. I have no manual for my SS-18 and have no way of checking out your part number.BOB ALLEN ALLENS SALES & SERVICE INC 262-594-3524 THEY SEEM TO HAVE ACCESS TO PARTS IF MAYBE YOU COULD CALL & FAX THEM
Jonathan Need as much info on a Sears Lawn tractor that i just purchased. M/N 917 253720

It runs very well but needs all belts to make it pull better.

Where can i find owners manuals and other useful info. Thanks Jonathan

David Hodde Looking for a Sears 18/6 Twin Garden Tractor Model No. 917.25191 that runs. Have some parts. Engine blown. If can't find, have GREAT snow blower for one that is in excellent condition.
Matt Anyone know if there is a decent cross reference chart between Peerless, Dana and other transaxles? I am looking for a chart that shows the model numbers that are interchangeable without modifications of any kind to shifters, etc.

It sure would be helpful to a lot of people. The AYP site has a cross reference chart but it doesn't seem to make much sense with the part numbers I am finding for Peerless and Dana transaxles.

john gardell I have a sears ss/18 tractor model#917.25961. When I put it in gear it does not move and white smoke comes from under the seat. Is their a drive belt? If so, how do you replace it?
Tim G I have a Craftsman 20hp, 42" lawn tractor. I am looking for a short block engine due to blown piston.

Can anyone help??

Dave Kerr I have purchased 18 HP horizontal two cyclinder engine 44 inch deck Lawn Tractor unknown model, number missing. Has a 48 inch snow blade. looking for diagram to hang blade onto frame. Need help.
mike o the model number on the motor is 143629012 the model number under the seat is 91725061 serial number is 5298 ithink it in the surban era but not sure may be gt18 searies or in that time frame can anyone tell me the year it was made thank you
Curtis Alexander I have a LTV 11 Varidrive Lawm Tractor Mod # 917.252681 Bought in 1985 I need drive belts for it. Anyone know the part numbers? Thank you!

Curtis

Jerry Scott I have a mower deck that I just took off of my 10 36, not sure year of tractor, but model number is 917.255279. I am interested in selling mower deck, seems to be in good working order. If interested make me an offer.
tylor butler i have a 93 or 94 craftsman lt1000 lawn mower the engine is a 16 hp b&s ohv 465cc engine but i cant find a manual for it i had the plate that shows the serial and model number but it fell off. so if anyone has the same mower with the same engine it would be helpful to get the model number thanks.
Curtis Alexander I still need part numbers for the drive belts.

Thank you, Curt

Jeff The mower will not desingage from the mow setting. Any help ?
Paul I have model 917.273135, 17.0 hp Usually runs ok but going up the slightest hill it will die. I changed the fuel filter and hoses, cleaned everything but it still won't run uphill. Any suggestions????
Tim i need a diagram of trans axel exploded to know where the gears go to put back together second gear was stripped so i found another axel to swap out the gears to make mine work harder than ever i have a front bucket loader on mine that works very well for home built sears tractor part
bill Tractor named bessie. Whose the partner? Carl? Bill? You have so many aliases hope you get as much help w bedside as you've given I mean bessie darn that auto correct-...
JerryWilson i have a sears 18 hp , 44" cut model number 917.2559101 and I am looking for a transaxle support bracket. not sure the measurements but it stretches across the width of the tractor frame with one bolt on either side and also 2 bolts in the center for fastening the transaxle to the bracket. It is located under the fuel tank which is also under the seat. Sears does not supply this item anymore ,(go figure). None of the machine shops in our area will work with it for being over booked. So now I am looking to find one other ways to replace the broken cross member.
wendell need part 634a822 dash board
perley e underwood jr I Need up dated parts nos for 1977 sears conversion if any one has abook 18 hp six speed I Need Mower Parts
steve b diagram for drive belts on the ltV/11
jerome a kuehl HI I HAVE A DASH PART #64 PART# 634A822. MAYBE YOU CAN HELP ME OUT I NEED THE HEAD TIN FOR BOTH HEADS FOR A 18HP BG/MS ENGINE THANKS IRONMAN
Case Have a Model 917 257091. In need of manual, either original or copy. Will be happy to pay reasonable price for manual or download of manual. Thanks.
Case Hvae instructions for deck belt replacement and diagram for Craftsman GT16 917.257090 and 917.257091.
albert defoggi I need front front coupler yoke#14122 1"-15 spline for48" Haban mower deck on mt372 Mitsubishi tractor
J.R. Clark I recently acquired a riding mower with a Kohler 15HP single cylinder engine, CVs-Spec 41610.
I would like to find an engine somewhere that the rest of the Craftsman tractor is dysfunctional, and you would sell the engine. Please respond by email.

J.R. Clark Tim Delehanty---I came across that exact model/spec engine this morning looking for a Kohler for my tractor. It is in Asheboro, NC-zip me an email if you'd like more info, I'm not sure where you're located.
Albert defoggi I need front pto 1"/15 splined yoke14122
bob bacon sr. I have a model 917.271100 When I want to go forward the engine seems to strain and quits
same in reverse.

bob bacon sr. I have a model 917.271100 When I want to go forward the engine seems to strain and quits
same in reverse.

Herb I have this very model that I have no use for and am going to part out.
Michel Legentil I need front front coupler yoke#14122 1"-15 spline for48" Haban mower deck on mt372 Mitsubishi tractor and need jack shaft part no. 14694
Eric Jackson My tractor was not moving forward or backward , so I took off the filter and some of the fluid inside looked like jell . I have a new filter now , but not sure of the type off oil that goes back in the unit . Can you help ? Thanks

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: