SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Murray/Yard King Hydrostatic Transmission

peksav Hello

I have been given a Yard King, 22hp, Model 52161X89A, SN: 7405807592N00182, built in 1999, and am trying to get in running order.
The engine now runs good but I am having problems with the hydrostatic transmission. It is slow to respond forward and even slower in reverse.
I found a plastic reservoir on the transmission, it was empty. Next to it is a in-trans fill plug, this is full.
My questions are: 1) What is the reservoir for?, 2) What is the fill plug for?, 3) Would a lack of fluid cause slow movement in reverse?, 4) Where can I get good diagrams for my Yard King?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time

Jordan I will take a guess at this just to help; find out if the reservoir leads to something. does it have a cap to put a liquid in?the reservoir may be a back up if the in trans fluid runs out. chances are if that tank is suposed to have trans fluid in it, the trans would work fine but would be slow when running or would make noises. In my opinion, there is an adjustment problem somewere, but that tank is probably supposed to have extra trans fluid in it

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: