L-260 water pump

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Kubota Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

L-260 water pump

Raymond I have a L-260 kubota , I need a water pump. I have torn mine apart,but many of the parts were destroyed. Where can I find a illustrated parts list online so I can see what I need to order? Also where can I buy a new,used,or rebuilt water pump for my L-260? Are their any KUBOTA salvage yards online?
ric There are no online parts catalogs for
this tractor. You will have to purchase a
Parts Manual. Try Tractor Smart at
http://www.tractorsmart.com/enter.htm for the
manual and the part. Try West Kentucky Tractor
for used parts 1-800-564-0567. You should be able
to find what you need with a little searching.
Gil Carrick My local dealer had a rebuilt pump, at about half
the price of a new one, but they don't always. I
bought the catalog. It covers a number of models.
There is a blowup diagram of the interior of the
pump, but no part numbers on the parts. You will
have to go through a dealer to get the right info.
You probably would not want to buy the parts used.
The killer is the pully! If it is buggered up it
has to be replaced. List $ is over $100!

runnert The water pump on my L260 went out. I had it rebuilt at Republic Diesel in Louisville, KY. The local Kubota dealership wanted about $500 for a new one and they could not garrentee that it was the right pump - the part number in my manual is obsolete.

: I have a L-260 kubota , I need a water pump. I have torn mine apart,but many of the parts were destroyed. Where can I find a illustrated parts list online so I can see what I need to order? Also where can I buy a new,used,or rebuilt water pump for my L-260? Are their any KUBOTA salvage yards online?

rod ramsey : I have a L-260 kubota , I need a water pump. I have torn mine apart,but many of the parts were destroyed. Where can I find a illustrated parts list online so I can see what I need to order? Also where can I buy a new,used,or rebuilt water pump for my L-260? Are their any KUBOTA salvage yards online?

I just finished rebiulding my pump this morning.
I new pump is 380.00 The bearings are 4.09 ineer and 6.80 for the outter, the seal was 15.oo the gasket was 1.85, I used a owners manual to get the part numbers, the manual shows a break down of the parts but no infromation as how to put it together. I had to use a gear puller on the impeller while heating it to get it off the shaft after I got it out of the housing. The bearings were so bad that they feel out making the removal of the shaft a little easier but still a SOB.. I installed the new seal and bearings, circlip, & water deflector then put the assembly in the freezer over night and heated the impeller to expand it and taped the cold shaft and housing on the impeller. I think next time I will probably see if I can press the impeller on as I am not sure if the outter seal that fits inside the housing of the impeller got runied. I will know tommrow when I put it to work. Good luck.
PS how much did you pay for your tractor and what did it come with? I paid 58oo.oo for mine about 6 years ago and it came with a loader, back hoe, bush hog and blade.. I am contemplating on selling mine while it is still in great shape. Thanks ROD.

Jeff Hi I rebuilt Mine last week , All the parts are available at Your local Kubota dealer , They cost around 120.00 , for all the seals bearings and clips and deflector . my bearings also fell apart ,so disasembly was easy , Here are the dos and donts. First dissasemble all the parts on your pump shaft , First by pressing off the empellar off the shaft , Note No heat is required. There is a seal in the back side of the empellar ,of which you will replace , I bought a new empellar and parts before I took it apart did not need too replace ,but since i bought it I changed it ,Cost $34.00 . So once the empellar is off the p[ump Shaft there is a deflector ( Brass ) you will replace , below that would be a funky cup seal with a spring built into it , remove whats left of it if it is still there ,Mine was destroyed. Then there is a external snap ring that holds the inner bearing in place . Thats it Done ,
Now clean al parts and in spect the housing for any cracks , I steam cleaned it ,then bead blasted it, There was a small crack where the inner cup seal seated in in , but not a problem so used it any ways .
Assemble the pump , (1)install the inner bearing first on the pump shaft, with retaining snap ring , be shure too order this new it is a special size . Mine was bent , .(2)Now install the shaft with bearing in the pump housing from the outer bearing side ,( the fan side of housing)Now seat the Bearing into the housing ,I used a small steel punch , being careful too drive it in by the outer bearing race, did not want too press it in and put to much stress on the new bearing cage, Once that is in now you can install the outer sealed new bearing and internal snap ring . (3) Turn pump housing upside down now and install the special inner cup seal , be shure too use a deep socket or pipe that is the same diamiter as the outer part of the cup seal , (4) Now put the new seal into the impellar , then set the Brass deflecter sheild on top of pump shaft and then press the pellar on too pump shaft , the impellar will press the Brass deflector on at the same time.
(5) Now check the clearance between the adapter plate that goes between block and water pump( you should have removed it from the block and cleaned it up ). You should notice without a gasket the impellar hits or scrapes , so precheck with the gasket between the pump and adapter plate too make shure that it spins freelly . I did have too press the assemble tight on my press too seat the outer bearing tight against the internal snap ring, done .

Thanks Jeff .Always check the impellar too too plate , so as too free spin before bolting on motor

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Kubota Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Name:
Email: