PTO mounted chipper?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Kubota Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

PTO mounted chipper?

Bill I'm interested in getting the DR brand PTO mounted wood chipper. The company specifies a minimum 19 hp tractor, but I have a BX-1500. Has anyone out there tried this or other PTO chippers on any BX series Kubota?

Thanks,

Bill

John M I run a Bear Cat 70554 Chipper/Shredder on my B7100HST and it does an incredible job. Its pricer than the DR but a whole lot heftier at 450 lbs. Rated for 13 hp diesel and up. Check it out at bearcatproducts.com
Doc Kubota I actually have been looking at the DR chipper myself to put on my B7510HSD and they are made only a stone throw away from where I grew up. I think that this chipper might be kinda big for the BX, but I have done a little research on small chippers lately since I am in the market for one myself. Look at a Salsco brand, about the same quality but they claim it can be run with 8 HP. I think this might be up your ally. http://salsco.com/600.htm Good luck, Doc.
Bill Thanks to both for the input. I now have my eye on a used BearCat 70554 chipper/shredder. I have a small fruit orchard that generates lots of small twiggy prunings, so the shredder/chipper combination is more useful than the chipper alone.

-Bill

Luis Leon I had the same choice to make recently. I considered a PTO chipper, but ended up with the 12 hp DR chipper. I can pull it around by hand with the tow handle, or pull it behind my BX23. I didn't want to tie up the tractor, this way my wife can chip wood while I get in some seat time.

regards,

Luis Leon

Bill I just bought a used 70554 BearCat on ebay, and have chipped two trees up. The BX-1500 powers it better than I thought it would. It uses all its power to get the heavy chipper drum up to speed, but once you're there the power is fine.
-Bill

File Shredder The powerful of all shredders is the bulldog of shredders considered world widely for home and office use

James I looking for a shredder, chipper, grinder to turn cardboard into animal bedding. Any experience or suggestions? prefer PTO driven

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Kubota Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: