bx2200 snow removal

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Kubota Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

bx2200 snow removal

Scot Deckard What is the best choice for snow removal. I get a lot of blowing and drifting. Will the loader with tier chains take much time or should I use the blower or the blade. I would rather have the loader to use in the summer but will it handle the snow?
Jim Morrissey Scot, I'd say to get yourself a rear mount blower for around $1000 bucks and go to town. I hate to plow snow, it only piles up and take more work to move it if you get a severe winter like we had last year. If you blow it will be cleaner and melt faster/more even in the spring. A couple of passes and you're done.....not back and forth and back and forth. I think your drive looks better too, frankly. Get the BX2200 and make sure to check Tractorbynet.com and look for links to Kubota discussion groups. Use search engine to find what you want. Tons of threads on there about Kubota tractors. I have a BX2200 :) Love the thing.

Ed : What is the best choice for snow removal. I get a lot of blowing and drifting. Will the loader with tier chains take much time or should I use the blower or the blade. I would rather have the loader to use in the summer but will it handle the snow?

I just bought a bx2200, FEL and belly mower, 160 hours for $10,250. Decent price?? But I've got 400+ feet of gravel driveway, mostly up hill. Do you think the blower is still the best way to go? Thanks

Brian I have the FEL with my BX2200. I was decided on the FEL at order time, due to the deep drifting that occurs at my location. Snow blower will not be useable with 5ft+ drifts. Plus you can use the FEL all season long. Snow blower sits the other 9 months. My driveway is gravel and about 80ft long.

Brian

: What is the best choice for snow removal. I get a lot of blowing and drifting. Will the loader with tier chains take much time or should I use the blower or the blade. I would rather have the loader to use in the summer but will it handle the snow?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Kubota Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Name:
Email: