G4200 steering problem

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Kubota Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

G4200 steering problem

Jim Bialosky I have a Kubota G4200G diesel tractor. My problem is with the steering. I have an unusual amount of play in the response to turning the steering wheel.If I understand correctly, a dealer said that the parts will run over $100. Any suggestions?
Karl There was a retro-fit kit for that mower. It replaces a few different parts. Expensive but worth it. If you are not willing to put the money into the mower, are you willing to sell it?
I may be interested, depending on the price and condition of the deck.

Jim Bialosky I settled the problem.I installed the steering kit ($166.08) and it works like a charm.
Thanks for your suggestion.

Jim Bialosky I have over come my initial problem with the steering with the kit, but I now have a slight slop in the steering. It could be the tie rods,
I need to find out how it effects the drift.
Any suggestions???????

RJacob Watson I've enjoyed using our new to us last year G5200. Our neighbor liked the way it sounded and performed. He's near 70 and been a farmer for 50 years and has a 20 hp John Deere. He liked the way this tractor sounded.
Problem is, the steering. 2nd time changing the steering shaft, so this time trying to change the steering arc gear down inside the frame. What a job. Any suggestions on how to do it easily, timely and not a 3rd time? The nearest Kubota service site is Adams Tractor in Spokane, and they don't have the manual for this tractor so Dennis said from a picture he found, the frame is exposed--meaning, taking the fenders off. All right, I guess it's time to bite the bullet.

dieselaire It is a lot easier if the fender is removed, and deck is removed. remove the four bolts that holds the steering gear pivot plate. also remove the cotter pin at the bottom of the steering wheel shaft, than the wheel should pull out with the shaft attached. It will come all the way out but you don't have to completely remove it. Just tie or block it up out of the way. Reassembly with the new Upgrade steering parts, three items, gear, shaft, and bearing pivot plate. Also check the front axel shim as this will amplify any steering slop. The tie rod and drag link can be bad also.
hhc1@juno.com

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Kubota Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: