Kubota L4330 or L3430

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Kubota Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Kubota L4330 or L3430

M.L. Have approximately 25+ acres pasture and crop land, plus lane (hilly) to be maintained/plowed. Terrain is partially flat, partially hills. Am considering the L3430 (Net HP 33.6, PTO HP 27) and the L4330 (Net HP 41, PTO HP 34.5), both with HSR, cab and 4wd. My main concern is whether I have enough HP to pull a 6' rotary cutter. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Also any advice on the front loader - square or round?

Thanks again.

M.L.

J Clark One big difference that is often overlooked is the torque output. The 4330 delivers 108 ft-lbs while the 3430 produces about 80. The 4330 has 35% more torque! That is a considerable difference. The HP difference is about 23%.
The tractor model also depends on the model of the cutter. A light or std duty (6') might do fine behind the 3430. I would go with more HP and torque to pull a Med or Hvy Duty 6'cutter.

M.L. Thank you, J Clark! We had not considered torque output, so you gave us even more to think about. We decided to go with more HP and torque.

Thanks so much for the advice.

M.L.

Rich K M.L.,
I just bought a L3430 w/ cab and all options as well as 723 Loader and 5' snowblower. I drove it for 1 - 1/2 hours and sent it back to the dealer due to a horrendous lack of power. I could easily stall the machine at will and it had a very hard time with hills in M gear. Also, you must run this machine at 2600 RPM to get any power from it. Unless there was some manufacturing defect which is causing this problem, I will be trading in for a 4340. I have had Kubota tractors for 18 years and have only had 1 repair. You can't beat 'em.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Kubota Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: