Value of L2950 with loader and 2560 hours and Kelly backhoe

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Kubota Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Value of L2950 with loader and 2560 hours and Kelly backhoe

Myron Hi,

There is an auction coming up in several weeks where there is a Kubota L2950 GST with 2560 hours, and LA450A loader. I would greatly appreciate any opinions on its value and also any other things that I should look out for with this model. Are the hours excessive, and how many hours should I be able to expect to get with this type of tractor before an overhaul?

I realize that how something was taken care of is key, and I don't know about this tractor as I haven't seen it yet. The owner was in the landscaping business, so it apparently got a lot of use, but since he made his living with it I hope he also took care of it.

He also has a Kelly model 20 3-point backhoe with a 12" and 15" bucket that he is selling, though not with the tractor. How much is something like this worth?

Thanks in advance.

Jay I just bought a 1995 L2950 with a Westendorf loader for $10000. The tach says 538 hours, but after having it a few weeks, i can tell there is significantly more. One thing I was unaware of was it does NOT have live power. This came as a surprise to me, however i still like the tractor. It is a very handy outfit with the loader and a 6' snowblower.

Are you interested in the back hoe? If not, i would be and would also like to buy a cab for mine.

William A. Thorman Jr. Hi Myron and Jay: I am considering a Kubota L2650 with a Loader, Belly Mower, and two sets of tires - turf and farm. It has 3400+ hours but looks good. The dealer is selling it for a customer and the price is $7900. I wonder if this is excessive hours and how long it will last before an overhaul. It is a three cylinder, diesel.. I would like to know what you decided on your tractor hunt and the one I am considering is priced right. I think it probably is with the mower and loader and extra tires. Thanks for your help. Bill in Ohio
Myron I didn't buy this tractor then, as it went for something like $12,500 w/o the backhoe, which went cheap at $1,500.

3,400 hours isn't excessive, assuming that it has been properly maintained. This is key, as it should easily do 6,000 - 8,000 hours with proper maintaince, but otherwise all bets are off. Price seems right if it is in good condition and has been taken care of.

William A. Thorman Jr. Hello, Myron: Thanks for your quick response to my posting and for the very helpful comments. I was hoping this wasn't excessive hours. I have been looking for a few weeks and the used tractor prices are so darn near the new tractor prices, that this one looked like a good buy. I just looked at an old 1960's Case 530 with Loader for $5400. It was operating well and sounded good. I don't think I need that big a tractor since I only have a 7 acre minifarm. I do have my old Ferguson for bushogging. I am looking for a disk for it. I think this Kubota would be good for everything else. Thanks, again, for your time and help. Bill

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Kubota Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: