Any one have a problem with Tractor supplys premium hydraulic fluid?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Kubota Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Any one have a problem with Tractor supplys premium hydraulic fluid?

corkscrew I have a Kubota L4310 with HST. I need to change the hydraulic fluid and was going to use Tractor supplys premium hydraulic fluid instead of the expensive Kubota UDT fluid that the manual recomends. TSC's premium fluid lists that it is suitable as a replacement for Kubota UDT fluid. The thing I am worried about is that I have a friend that recently used TSC's premium fluid in a John Deere motor grader and is now having problems with the hydraulics leaking down when the unit gets hot. Has anyone else had any problems with this premium hydraulic fluid from TSC?

Jackson He probably needs to rebuild his cylinders
we run the premium from tractor supply
& from sams wholesale the green labeled udt
over the expensive kubota brand
just regular maintenance for our tractors.
no problems. it's probably coming down the same line, one bottle says kubota one says "generic"

Neil Does the Sams Club Green Label UDT flow as good in the cold?

I would imagine it does as it is the same spec but I am just trying to figure out how or why Kubota and New Holland can charge double or more for the same stuff?????

I would imagine it does as it is the same spec but I am just trying to figure out how or why Kubota and New Holland can charge double or more for the same stuff?????

Randall the same way a pair of jeans with a designer
name costs 3x's more than levis
name brand, kubota makes the best tractors ava
their price on fluids & filters are way high
because that is the most common purchase
some people never have to buy anything else

Hank Let's see. You have a $20,000+ tractor and you are trying to save 50 bucks on fluid you only change once a year. It's probably OK, but why take a chance for what amounts to chump change?
Marvin McConoughey It is difficult to determine all the differences between Kubota hydraulic fluid and a different make fluid that is said to meet Kubota specs. Chevron makes a "Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF (Transmission Hydraulic Fluid)" that meets both Kubota UDT specs and Kubota's higher cost Super UDT specs. I have some of this and it is a rather dark colored hydraulic fluid where the Kubota Super UDT is nearly clear in color. I mention this only to point out that Chevron is probably not the supplier to Kubota. A different supplier, Petro-Canada, makes several lines of hydraulic fluid based on "Petro-Canada's unique patented 99.9% pure crystal clear HT processed base oils in combiantion with an advanced additive package..." Petro-Canada's best line is its "Duratran Synthetic" which is said to have "exceptional performance surpassing equipment manufacturer's specifications." If all this sounds a bit murky, the fact is that hydraulic fluid makers are not in accord as to what qualities are most important in hydraulic fluid, and how they should be tested. Industry standards are being studied as I write and perhaps some new and well accepted testing procedures will be agreed upon and made formal practice. The word "synthetic" can include mineral oils that have undergone advanced treatment (hydrotreating). To further confuse the issue, not all hydrotreating produces oil qualifying for the designation of synthetic.

Ray Kubota does not make there fluids or filters they buy them off of the lowest bidder it's like
bearings and tires get real.

sean B2630HSD I was told that Kubota UDT is made by Valvoline. Valvoline Part number VV813 named "unitrac" is the actual fluid packaged for Kubota and sold with their name Kubota UDT on the bucket.

Further, I was told that Vavoline also makes Kubota "Super UDT" but only sells it to Kubota directly.

nathan hose Does anyone know where I can purchase this oil?? Thanks
Vanga Hi

I would like to know what kind of hydraulic oil the kuobta tractor 680 utilize.

I will apreciate if you send as soon as you can.

Kind Regards

Vanga

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Kubota Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: