SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Kubota L260 Z1300 Diesel engine

Billy Tractor is getting air in fuel system after the engine temperature gets up to85-90 C. I have a glass bowl fuel filter between the feed pump and the injector pump. I have replaced all hose clamps and rubber fuel hoses. There are no apparent metal tubing leaks. The only time you see the fuel filter fill with air is after the engine temperature reaches 85-90C. Any other time the thing runs great. Any Ideas?
jm. About 90% of the time fuel problems on the 260s are traced to a banjo type boldt that is used to fasten the fule lines at the filter on the in and out. I would look (or replace) all the little brass washers on these boldts first. As for temp affecting your problem I am more prone to think it is and a time issue. One more thing try running the unit with the fuel cap off for 30 minutes see if that fixes it. Could be tank vent stopped up... PLEASE POST WHAT YOU FIND.. Jerry
Billy Ever put anything together before reading the instructions? I never do. After trying everything I could think of, I then went to the service manual. Well there is this little filter called a Gouzi Filter on the inlet to the feed pump. Never knew it was there. Well lo and behold the thing was nearly completely stopped up. Cleaned that little rascal, put in back togeather and the tractor runs like new. By the way, according to the service manual the Gouzi filter needs cleaning every 200 hours, well mine ran for 42 years with out ever being cleaned out.
thepumpguysc JERRY STRIKES AGAIN..GOOD CALL.
Billy, what are you doing with a service manual??
Those are FORBIDDEN on this site..LOL..Just pullin' your leg.
Thanks abunch for the follow-up, I know it means ALOT to others who have the same problem OR others who just want to know.TPG

jm. Knew it was there just a little of on location.. Again thanks for leting us know the results And again thanks for choosing KUBOTA. Good luck with your 40 yr old tractor.... Jerry

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: