SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Kubota L355SS

Bruce Johnson Anyone I could talk to about my tractor, went out to use the tractor and my rear 3 point lift will not work, nothing.(no noise, the lift handle has no resistance, will fall down to rest if you let go of it) Worked fine last time I used tractor. Today I took rototiller off so I could use tractor to load some material, drove from house to Garage on hill and all at once the tractor quit pulling, thought it had slipped out of gear, checked every thing and went around back of garage and loaded material in front loader and back to house, as I was coming through yard started slipping ( not pulling itself ) don't know what in the world is going on, seems like the two might be connected but I do not know how this would happen or maybe just everything happened together, thanks Bruce
email -

jm. Bruce. My thoughts are you have two separate problems. The lift lever is fairly common. If you follow the lever down there is a joint where the base of the lever attaches to the part that goes in to the transmission. At that joint there is a small roll pin that drives thru the lever. Think you will find that pin is broken and you are not moving the internal valve. Look and make sure that the shaft that goes in the lift cover is actually turning. Pin will be out or broken.
Now the other not moving most likely is you foot clutch either need adjusting or is worn out. Could be that the hydraulic oil is low but with a loader and that old a unit I would suspect the worn clutch. Please let me know what you find... Jerry

Bruce Johnson Jerry, thanks so much for your comments, first I got up this morning before 6:00 AM and waited for light ( summer's coming to an end ) walked down to tractor, I again looked at the handle for rear lift, the split pin is good and shaft is moving up to the center section of tractor, there are two nuts and washer right where it goes in tractor and both move when I move handle. ( now what do you think ???
Next I shook the clutch pedal and all linkage, it's like new, do you think maybe adjustment at one of the clevis. If so I wonder which way, again I have never had a problem in 20 years since I have owned tractor.
If I need to open up tractor under seat is there a site I can go to and look at a exploded view of tractor?? again thanks for help, Bruce

jm. Bruce. On the clutch , do you have an operator,s manual. The pedal needs something called free play. You put you hand on the pedal and it should move down about 1&1/2 inch BEFORE you feel any real resistance. You get that free play by adjusting the control rod. Now to the lift, seems you have determined the problem is inside the rear lift cover. If you are an accomplished mechanic removing the cover is not something to be scared of. You can look at http://www.Messicks.com for parts drawings on the Kubota. There are other sites but that is one quick one I can think of. Just not certain what can be broken inside to make the lever act as you are describing.
Bruce Johnson Thanks for information, will look at the items Friday when I return HOME, Bruce
Bruce G. Johnson Jim, took clutch pedal adjust rod off tractor today, put in vise and loosened the jam nuts, ran all the way in and put back on tractor, tractor still did the same thing, drive forward and stop and then take off, I know it is a SS shift problem, so I came back and looked up a search and found MYTRACTOR.com site, found the whole parts catalog by a guy called SimpleJohn, anyway I did not know about the hydraulic strainer, took out and it is very dirty, need to clean up ( new one is $37.plus ) Jim how do I clean the hydraulic system of old hydraulic fluid, is the transmission and hydraulic system the same, if so I know how it got water and pollution in it, ( the Top plastic plug in transmission ) anyway do you think that flushing with kerosene would work to clean out old oil, also are the lower drains on rear axles shared with transmission?? thanks, hope this will make the tractor pull again, also correct type transmission fluid to install, Bruce

home phone, - 740-886-6956 or email

Bruce Johnson THANKS JIM, ALL YOU INFORMATION WAS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, I FOUND THAT MY FLUID HAD BECOME CONTAMINATED AND THE HYDRAULIC FLUID FILTER ON THE SIDE OF TRACTOR WAS VERY DIRTY AFTER 29 YEARS OF NEVER BEING CLEANED. WASHED HYDRAULIC FILTER OUT, AIR FROM COMPRESSOR TO BLOW OUT, RE-INSTALLED, NEW FLUID AND EVERYTHING WORKS, AGAIN HAVING SOMEONE TO BOUNCE IDEA'S OFF OF WAS GREAT, THANKS AGAIN, BRUCE IN SOUTHERN OHIO
Pam I have inhereted a 1982(thats the manual anyway) L355SS with a front end loader on it, 4wd. I am new to tractors. Where is the fluid fill port? This tractor was sunk in a florida yard and did not run for several years. It runs great but bucket movement is slow and drops. fixed hoses had leaks and have been replace with new flex hose. I figured to check the level and fill. Still learning to drive it.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: