SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

L4200 engine won't start after rebuild

Joe Guerrera Replaced piston rings and fuel injectors. And clutch assembly
Started engine without coolant for short periods of time to make adjustments to clutch and steering .
Added coolant , came back the next day to mount front end loader and engine will no longer fire up(start)

jm. Mr Joe Ther are some real sharp folks on here but we are just going to have a little more information. You say not fire up. First will the engine turn over. If it turns over do you see any blue smoke comming from the exaust. How does it sound when it turns over. Are the glow plugs working. Give us a few answers and we will talk you thru proper test. JM
joe guerrera the motor did turn over just fine but never cranked up again once the coolant was added
I've replaced the head gasket twice now looking for something wrong with my install job, but I have found nothing
I've seen no cracks yet it appeared that there was water getting into the cylinder somehow
I've got it back apart now, once again, to the point where the pistons are now on the bench.
I don't want to put it back together again without some type of additional info or direction

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: