SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

kubota L2850 power steering problem

brian I have a kubota L2850 4x4 with loader and scraper with top tilt and hyd ripper. all hyd work very well. the system is full and the power steering doesn't work at all. i checked the steering gear box and filled it it was just a little low. there are no leaks anywhere on the tractor. any help would be appreciated. thank you.

jm. power steering uses the transmission fluid so fluid is not and issue. Only two parts to the steering. That tractor has an intrigal steering gear and power unit. That unit is furnished power by the back half of the hydraulic pump. You will need to first check the line that goes up the left hand side to the steering sector to see if you have pump preasure if you have preasure there then the steering unit has a blown o ring or other problems. This is not something the normal layman can fix.. If you are not a pretty good mechanic you will want to find one.. jm.
brian jm. thanks for the feedback. it's just what i needed . thought i might get lucky and get told i was just missing something simple . i'll check to see if i have pressure to the box and then speak to a local mech. i know in town. thank you
jm. About the best you could hope for is the coupling
that drives the pump to be out but the problem is usually in the sector..Not any place there that is relly prone to failure. Could be anything from a blown o ring to nut off or just plain old wear never know till you look. Hope I helped jm/

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: