SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

L245DT Add power Steering

Bill JM, In your opinion what would be the best way to add power steering? Try to find a used system? May be hard to locate, or fabricate one from auto parts? I found the steering very hard with a full load in the bucket.
jm. The ONLY way I would consider doing it would be a donor tracotr. Problem is was not that many of those tractors sold with power steering and then thos that were are problably still running. When the B 8200 came out with no power steering KUBOTA latter realeased a $ 800.00 kit to add it but no such kit exist for your tractor to my knowledge. Would have to do some reasearch I am sure there is more than L 245 that would work but will still be hard to find.
bill JM,I put in a request for a used system on this site.Have to wait and see on that.If I design a system at a reasonable price I could sell many.I see that many people would like to add this Item to that tractor.

farmm Go to Tractorbynet dot com and look under hydraulic section. Someone sells a kit that replaces the steering linkage arm or you have to modify the one you have to include a cylinder and control valve, the one I saw was attached to the loader bracket but could be attached to the tractor itself.
One guy did it in an hour, but that is a little aggressive.

jm. Doubt that the market would be there for much profit. aS FARRM SAY THERE ARE SOME WILL FITS but ever one I have ever been around was at best power assist and did not do well with the loader. You have to get into things like a priority steering valve , little device that lets the steering have priority over the loader, and a lot more to do it right. Maybe you will come up on something. One thing that lots of people fail to do with a loader is air up the front tires. Raise that preasure up and it will let the unit turn better.
Bill Thank You All for the advise. I will let you know how things work out
Bill Thank you! That is what I was looking for. Now I just need to get the parts and install. I don't plan on doing it in 90Min. It will thake me a little longer.

Bill JM, Purchased a power steering box from a Kubota B7800. Plan on adapting it to my tractor.Would a 1.5 GPM priority valve run off the 3pt work both units. The 3pt pump puts out 3.7gpm.or would it be better to run off the front pump? or add a auto pump off the motor?Ahy help would be Great!

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):