SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

L245DT Add power Steering

Bill JM, In your opinion what would be the best way to add power steering? Try to find a used system? May be hard to locate, or fabricate one from auto parts? I found the steering very hard with a full load in the bucket.
jm. The ONLY way I would consider doing it would be a donor tracotr. Problem is was not that many of those tractors sold with power steering and then thos that were are problably still running. When the B 8200 came out with no power steering KUBOTA latter realeased a $ 800.00 kit to add it but no such kit exist for your tractor to my knowledge. Would have to do some reasearch I am sure there is more than L 245 that would work but will still be hard to find.
bill JM,I put in a request for a used system on this site.Have to wait and see on that.If I design a system at a reasonable price I could sell many.I see that many people would like to add this Item to that tractor.
Bill

farmm Go to Tractorbynet dot com and look under hydraulic section. Someone sells a kit that replaces the steering linkage arm or you have to modify the one you have to include a cylinder and control valve, the one I saw was attached to the loader bracket but could be attached to the tractor itself.
One guy did it in an hour, but that is a little aggressive.

jm. Doubt that the market would be there for much profit. aS FARRM SAY THERE ARE SOME WILL FITS but ever one I have ever been around was at best power assist and did not do well with the loader. You have to get into things like a priority steering valve , little device that lets the steering have priority over the loader, and a lot more to do it right. Maybe you will come up on something. One thing that lots of people fail to do with a loader is air up the front tires. Raise that preasure up and it will let the unit turn better.
Bill Thank You All for the advise. I will let you know how things work out
Bill Thank you! That is what I was looking for. Now I just need to get the parts and install. I don't plan on doing it in 90Min. It will thake me a little longer.
Bill

Bill JM, Purchased a power steering box from a Kubota B7800. Plan on adapting it to my tractor.Would a 1.5 GPM priority valve run off the 3pt work both units. The 3pt pump puts out 3.7gpm.or would it be better to run off the front pump? or add a auto pump off the motor?Ahy help would be Great!
Bill

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: