SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Round Bale Spear

Bob_M Anyone have any experience with putting a round bale spear on the bucket of a L2550? I'm a bit worried I'm either going to end up with the back end of the tractor off the ground or I'm going to exceed the limit of the bucket. I plan to lift the round bale out of the back of my truck and up onto a platform about a foot or two off the ground.

Thanks,

Bob M.

jm. You had not have a bal that is anything over 800 lb, On the small L s I always tell them just the weight of the bucket and the fact that you are 18 inches out front of lift point just kills you on lift. IF YOU are willing to get a spear that fits where the bucket mounts you wil gain the weight of the bucket plus get a little closer to the lift point. Put a bale spear on the back and put a bale on the back before you start will help but you had better be carefull.
farmm Those round bales are a bear for smaller tractors, under about 40-50 hp. Rear lift is best but you can't lift very high. But you can at least transport. I have a video of a MasseyF that moved 3 bales at one time 2 in front with a special attachment and one in back on 3pt, but it was a larger 4wd tractor 80-100hp.
bill smith Put a strap around the bale and drag it off the truck.Roll it to the plat form.Then use bucket to lift/roll bale to platform!This tractor is to small to be moving round bales bigger then mayby a small 4x4.Good luck!
Bob_M Thanks for the advice. Appreciate it.

Bob M.

Clipityclop For what its worth,I had a 3pt hitch spear that i welded attachment points to for the front of my L-2350 and I take the bucket off and put the spear on it,,takes about 5 minutes to change, and I am able to double stack round bales with it

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: