SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Kubota Tractor runs and then sputters, quits and starts right up again

don nelson I solved my tractor stalling problem and wanted to pass on the solution to every one. My B7510 would run just fine and then sputter, and die. I could start it right up again until it died again.(This would happen idling or driving - under load or not)
I tried at least 10 solutions people gave me and then I noticed the fuel level in the fuel-filter bowl would slowly go down until it got near the bottom of the filter, then the tractor would die. It was obvious the engine was being fuel starved.
I did the obvious solution. I reverse-flushed out the diesel tank with hot water but possible debris in the tank was not the problem.
Then I pulled off the rubber fuel return line going into the top of the fuel filter.
I put my finger on the inlet hole, and the tractor idled fine and never died again.
Then I followed this return line up to a male hose connection on the firewall (on the right side of the tractor). Next to this connector was another connector with a rubber line coming out going back to the engine block. I pulled this 2nd line off and ran the tractor. Plenty of Diesel fuel was spurting out and so I connected it up to the firewall again. Did the same test. No diesel or very little was coming out from the 1st tube. So I bypassed the firewall connectors and using a plastic barbed nipple, I connected these two hoses together and Bingo. The tractor runs perfectly with no more problems, just like new.(I have 500 hours on it)
Someone online suggested that maybe this input/output thingy on the firewall is some kind of secondary filter but there is no way to get to it and clean it, replace it, etc. If anyone knows what this firewall thingy is, please let me know.
I am just curious. I guess if I wanted to, I could install my own "in-line" fuel return line filter but it seems like it's not really necessary.
I hope this helps someone, someday, get their tractor run'in good again.
don

jm. Don both lines you speak of the one from top of filter and the one from end of injector top are returns. They go to two barbs in the TOP of the tank. I can,t really understand to what you said you did but if it works good luck. If you connected the two as you say you will have I guess the injector return will force the return back in to the top of the filter. The original reason this line left from the top of the filter was so when dummies ran out of fuel the tractor would be self bleeding. What your real problem is the small little barb coming out of the tank on top under that orange metal has closed up on has something in it. Glad you fixed it Jerry
Robert Don't mean to hijack this subject but I have a question. While pushing cedar trees down, hitting them pretty hard, I started to smell diesel. It took me awhile but I discovered the two lines mentioned above had come off the male connections on the firewall (behind the radiator overflow) Hard to reach by the way. My question is: Does it matter what line goes to what male connection ? Thanks in advance
jm. No both are open to the tank. The way I fix what the original poster had is just t back into the one that is still open and run a screw in the other to close it off. But to answer you question no diffrence .
mary my kubota bx 1500 sputters when you engage the mower deck - other wise it seems to run fine

could this still be a fuel line problem.

I had both new fuel filters changed, new oil filter and major service at 285 hours - only have about 300 hours on it now.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: