SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

"Hydrostatic Transmission" vs. "Shuttle Shift"

tim schabacker Can anyone help me determine which Kubota small tractors (under
30h.p.) were equipped with shuttle shift torque converters? I was under the mistaken idea that a hydrostatic transmission was the same as a shuttle shift.

Jose Your correct, Hydro is not the same as shuttle
shift. However, using a small tractor under 30
hp with hydro tranny, has a floor pedal you mash
forward to go forward,or mash with your heel to
go reverse. To me this is about the same operation as shuttle shift. Your choice....both
are headaches. Had my shared of them, went to
gear drive, no more problems. GO a few post down
and read about hydrostatic verses gear drive.

rut3556 To me this is about the same operation as shuttle shift

Actually, the shuttle shift on my L2250 is nothing like hydrostatic.

James I have an L3430 GST. It works like a gear drive and hydro. It still has a clutch and you can use it if you want or just select a gear and push the lever forward or reverse without clutching. Hope this helps.
James

Len Their HST is the "oil drive" hydro

GST is a power shift (no clutch at times) gear drive.

DST and FST are gear drive, always need a clutch but some shifts are syncro. I have a DST, it has a F-N-R lever under the steering wheel. The FST must be newer, I'm not familiar with it.

Nearly assume decreasing cost of these 3....

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: