SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

brush hog/leveling

sam purchased new king kutter brush hog. Then found out the side post mounts are higher than my previous Rhino I had. Now when I hook up the King Kutter I notice it only has a total lift of about 2 inches in all. Is there anyway to increase the lift on the implements the Kubota has or am I just stuck with the side mounts on the brush hog?
Sam Don't know about your tractor, but mine has
adjustments on the upper 3pt hitch arm. The
adjustment is on the tractor, where the arm
attaches with a pin. Look and see if you don't
have a plate with different levels of holes
for the upper arm. I don't remember which way
it goes, but you can try moving the arm to a
lower level mount hole, and I think it will
raise the mower higher. If not, you may have
to redo the hook up on the mower to match
the rino, by doing a little cutting and welding,
i've been there and done that, it works.

farmm If you are talking about the lower 3pt arms, they usually have different mounting holes for the lift arm on one side, then adjust the turnbuckle on the other side to match. That should make quite a difference.
farmm I also want to say, my tractor 3pt arms are in the lowest setting, Then the down position just lowers enough for a brush hog. But it lifts more than enough. Not all implements are made equal or their mounting heights as well as all 3pt tractors are not the same. Usually enough adjustment is there to accommodate anything you want to hook to it.
steve langston the 3point lift is the only gripe i have with my 9540.the lift on the m series SUX

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: