SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

udt vs TRACTOR SUPPLY TRANSMISSION FLUID

jim have just bought a 1999 kubota L2500. person i bought from said he always used TRACTOR SUPPLY transmission fluid in it as we have no local Kobota dealer, Runs fine but should I be scared. The can says it is a replacement for UDT. Neighbor has a L3400 and this is what he uses as does another friend with a large JOhn Deere. would appreciate your thoughts
Jim

Luke Seems to me if your neighbor hasn't had a
problem and your tractor has no problem with
the tractor supply udt oil then it should be
just fine. Kubota doesn't make the Kubota brand
UDT, so it's most likely the same thing. I always at about 4 cans of STP in my tranny UDT.
1 can per gal will do it.

jim luke, thanks for the response. why the stp-know tats supposed to coat things for better lubrication-never heard it being used in tansmission, have used it with motor oil. what brand of transmission fluid are you using. Again thanks for response.
luke I'm using the Kubota UDT. The STP will coat
internal parts to help prevent wear, and it
also helps the control valves have longer
life, a lot of the guys are doing it with
great results.

farmm Any clean oil is better than contaminated oil. Your choice is fine in my opinion. STP does help a little and can't hurt anything.
jim quick ques-how much stp are u using- what size containers is it sold in. tranny holds 7.2 gal plus whatever the loader uses. so how much do i need thanks jim
Luke Use the blue bottle, STP for engines. Use about
4 or 5 bottles in the seven gals. Or 1 bottle
for about 5 or 6 quarts of udt. 5 bottles will
do for the whole system. Drain the tranny, install the STP first, then top up with udt.

D Fournier Newbie question. I use synthetic in all my other equipment engines; snowblower rototiller lawnmower, motorcyle, car, truck. Also use synthetic gear lube. I buy it at walmart. I plan on using synthetic in the motor of BX24 also. Does udt transmission oil come in synthetic? Can it be bought at walmart or some like-discount store, or does one have to go to the dealer? What is the average price?
thanks,
Dan

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: