SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

5 ft. Tiller

Bob Mason WTB a five foot tiller for my L-2800 and have
looked at County Line and King Kutter brands.
Both look to me to be well made except for the internal workings. Anyone with experience or have one for sale?

Bob Mason
Sorry about the double posting.

Bob Mason TSC says the County Line is made for them by King
Kutter and they are the same machine.

Smokin Dog Don't know about the tiller, but King Kutter
is a very good product. They are manufactured
in Windfield Alabama. That is in a heavy farm
area. I do have a few King Kutter products,
and they seem to be heaver built than the
competition. From what i've experienced I
wouldn't hesitate to purchase the King Kutter
built tiller.
Just my thoughts, hope this helps.

Rick Got a old 5 foot King Kutter tiller, it's been
used hard and heavy. The only problem i've
ever had was when I got into some big rocks.
Bent the tines real good, removed them, heated
them with a torch, and straighten them, put
them back on and they still work. I know if I
had to buy another one it would be a King Kutter.

Bob Mason Thanks Guys! I bought the County Line (aka King Kutter). It definitely is a heavy duty machine.
Muleskinner I have a L 2800 with a 5' tiller I bought at Tractor Supply. It's a King Kutter and is very heavy duty. Works great. My ground is as dry as a popcorn fart and it chewed right into it. The first couple of passes you have to go slow but after the crust is broken it chews it to powder. Note there is NO lubricants in the tiller. I put 85-90 gear oil in the two gear cases along with about 4 oz. of STP. The end bearing on the tines takes regular grease gun grease. Takes about 20 shots first time. The drive shaft furnished by Tractor Supply fit perfectly. It needs greasing also. I paid $1688.41 for mine this included the 9% sales tax we pay in Louisiana

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: