SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Kubota Tractor - Engine doesn't turn off

Young I have Kubota Tractor which its engine will not turn off [taking key out, etc.]. What do I need to turn the engine off and not damage the engine ?
Any help would be appreciated.

T CORK Your tractor may have a blown fuse going to
the shutoff valve, if not the shutoff valve
could be dead. Check and replace.

J CARR I have G1700 model that sometimes has the same problem. To stop the engine look on the back left hand side of the engine (looking to front of the tractor) where there is a lever with a philips screw with red paint on it. It's next to the fuel manifold with 3 pipes going off to the injectors. Use the screw as a handle to move the lever and the engine stops. This is a manual operation of the fuel shut off which is normally actuated by a solenoid.

Mine only plays up occasionally and when the engine is first started. The assembly may just need a shot of WD40.

I would have thought a failure of power to the solenoid would actually cause the engine to not start, I assume that switching on the key opens the valve.
Good luck

Dennis I have 1986 L2250 Kubota tractor that engine will not turn off. The only way is putting my hand over the air intake which means takeing the side cover off each time what a pain.I would appreciate any advice. thanks

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: