SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

L3130 hydraulic pump :(

Brian Sadly, I believe I blew my hydraulic pump. 2003 Grand-L 3130 HST. I have no hydraulic pressure at all to my loader, my rear remote, my 3 pt. and no power steering.

Questions-
1) Where exactly is the pump located?
2) About how much do they cost?
3) I have mechanical skills and do most work like this myself- if this a difficult job?
4) What can I do to be certain it's the pump?

More Background: I know this is my fault. STUPID ME. Here's the story. Had to be a water line in so bought a 3pt backhoe off ebay. I later found out it's probably too big for my L3130 but I made it fit, installed the rear hydraulic remote and all was fine. It requires constant flow (open center)so I have to bungy cord my remote lever to proved the constant pressure. I don't think that was necessarily the problem- just letting you know in case maybe it contributed to the problem because I know it's not the best way to do it. Anyway- the real problem is the old backhoe (and old Kelly 56) had a few very leaky cylinders. I had the worse one rebuilt before I started the job but while using it another cylinder started leaking very bad without me knowing it and through the course of the day using it I lost a great deal of fluid. I added fluid and all seemed well except I do think there was more noise coming from the tractor as I believe the situation started to weeken the pump. Used it a couple more times each time adding more fluid but I guess the damage had been done. yesterday morning when I went to start the tractor for the first time it was as if the pump was under constant load. I giggled/centered/cleared all the controls and tried starting it again and same thing. Then the noise increased, then went silent. Load was releaved from the engine and the engine now sounds normal- but total loss of hydraulic pressure.

I know it was stupid. For what I've paid on used backhoe, rebuilding cyclinder, additional hydraulic fluid (stuff's not cheap), and now a blown Hydraulic pump- I could have had a contractor put my water line in for me several times over.

Thanks for listening. I feel better now just getting it out in the open :)

If you can help me with my question, that would be fantastic!!
Brian
Oxford Ohio

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: