economical but efective substitute for Kubota UDT fluid

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Kubota Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

economical but efective substitute for Kubota UDT fluid

Kaiser Farm Please advise from personal knowledge the best and economical replacement fluid for Kubota UDT Universal Transmission Fluid.
Leroy It's a special formulated hydrolic oil for
kubota, John Deere, case, and other tractors,
can't find out any more. it's goes by other
names with each tractor brand, It's best to
bite the bullet and head for the dealer, the
cost of the fluid is cheep compaired to burning
up a tractor tranny and hydrolics.

TPS I have to second what Leroy said on this one. In fact I even prefer the super UDT. Good luck and take care,
TPS

Jason Agco 821xl is a good replacement
Larry Caldwell I was at Coastal Farm Supply last weekend. They had Harvest King transmission and hydro fluid on sale for $9 a gallon. It is labelled as a replacement for Kubota UDT, among others. That's pretty close to the cost of UDT, so if it were up to me, I'd just get UDT from Kubota and quit worrying about cheap.
Smokin Dog I was looking for a subsitute also, because
of the cost, I got hold of an empty container
of UDT just to get the numbers. As I did my
research I did find what was said to be the
same product as UDT under different names, but
the cost wasn't much better, so I decided to
go with the Kubota brand and be sure I had the
correct fluid. I sure would hate to kill a new
tractor just to save $20.00. My Kubota holds
7.4 gals, had to by two 5 gal pails, cost was
$125.00.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Kubota Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: