BX2200 Steering Cylinder

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Kubota Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

BX2200 Steering Cylinder

trkfxr I have a BX2200 with a bad steering cylinder.Has anyone had any dealings with the dealer on this. Tractor is out of warranty,but should this be covered by Kubota since it's a safety issue? Also does anyone know of a web site to look up recalls/service bulletins on Kubotas? Thanks for any help!
Doc Kubota I don't think the steering cylinder is a real saftey concern like it would have in a car or truck. The steering cylinder leakage hasn't been an uncommon problem. There are a few power steering hoses that have been more common to replace. Also there is no website on service bulletins, ask your dealer. Doc~
Bill II own a BX22 (type (BX22 steering) the search)
I just had the cylinder replaced twice the first time the dealer did it (I just paid labor) this time I had to pay the hole shot not cheap. I know I put to big of a load in the bucket. If I donít have the back hoe on or a weight box on I have tip it forward horse manure can get heavy after sitting all winter.
Good luck

JOE MAJINSKA DOC, I HAVE REPLACED THE ORBIT MOTOR IN MINE, CHANGED OILS, FLUSHED, PURGED, AND STILL HAVE PROBLEMS WITH MY STEERING, I CAN TURN THE STEERING WHEEL NON STOP LEFT OR RIGHT AND FRONT WHEEL DO NOT MOVE, WOULD THE FRONT STEERING CYLINGER BE A CAUSE OF THIS, IT DOES NOT LEAK, I HAVE NO VISABLE LEAK. I HAVE TALKED TO DEALER THEY SAY BRING ON IN $$$$$. ANY SUGGESTIONS
Greg Ledbetter I had mine go out with 350 hrs they said they wouldn't pay for it til i threatened a lawsuit if my son was mowing and went off in the ditch or over a hill and got hurt....if you look deeper you will find that on the bx2200 an employee ratted on them and said that a lot of the steering cylnders were left outside and rusted, and Kabota used them anyway therefor leaving Kabota liable if someone had an accident.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Kubota Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: