Kubota B6200 steering

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Kubota Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Kubota B6200 steering

BW Hi. I have a Kubota B6200 which has steering problems. The steeing block inside the steeing box has two tubes for routing the ball bearings which travel inside a worm shaft which is housed inside the block. One of the tubes has become bent. Kubota sells the whole block assembly (Kubota Canada part #6791041110 COMP.BALL NUT) which is very expensive. Does anyone know if these tubes are available separately? Anyone have instructions how these ball bearings are fed back into the block? How many ball bearings should there be? Are they all the same size? Anyone have diagrams?
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Brian T BW, from an engineers stand point I'll offer what I can. In my engineering experience, I've used many types and sizes of ball nuts. I've never been able to purchase just the ball transfer tubes. Always had to purchase a new complete nut assembly. They are expensive even in the OEM industry.The ball bearings make the circuit around the lead screw and this tube transfers the ball back to the nut. Quantiy of balls depends on the original design intent (backlash) of the steering system. All the balls will be the same diameter, again depending on the design intent. Precision leadscrews and ball nuts will be very high precision. In this steering application they would not be high precision type. If you wanted to learn more about ball nuts you can go to the web and get tons of information. Sorry to say it but it is extremely likely that you will have to buy a complete ball nut. However, if you are clever and mechanically smart, you may be able to take out the kink in the tube, as long as the balls can freely pass through the tube you will get by OK. For this application, one or two balls missing, you may not notice any effect on your steering.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Kubota Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: