kubota rtv900 problems

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Kubota Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

kubota rtv900 problems

lanny mcnabb My vehicle has less than 50 hours of use. when traveling in rough or hilly land it very often will lock up in gear and will not come out. I use it in my business selling raw land. Recently I had to cut a small tree to go around it since I could not back up. Been to the dealer 3 times. Factory rep failed to show for over two weeks and two appointments. I am about to sell it back to Kubota a get a Kawasaki. This is far less service and performance than I expected from this brand. I need to replace a Ford 2910 this spring, but now I will probably get a New Holland.
Joe I understand how you feel, I posted today about a hydrualic problem on a M105S with 8 hours. I will only buy John Deere tractors now never had any problems and if there was the dealership stood behind it.
jim yep know what you meen mine to hangs up in gear and vibrates so bad you cant sit in it. been to the dealership 8 or 10 times this is my 2nd one the first one didn,t last 1 day took it back they gave me a nother one with same problem where do we go to from here.
Charles i have the same problem with mine locking up in gear. What was the fix mine is out of warrenty..?
GENE MOTTES I have a couple of problems:

(1) When letting off of the throttle, the brake engages and almost puts you through the windshield.
(2) Traction seems bad, unless you have the differntial engages all the time.

Would somebody comment as to what the best alternative is to this machine, as I am looking for another.

James Gene,

For what its worth, #2 is supposed to be a feature, it kinda suprised me the first time around as well.

Lanny,Joe,Jim,

My RTV 900 had the same lockup until the first fluid change, and after that things work better.
I would still rather have my tractors "go this direction" pedal, but I guess thats up to the designers. I did find if you blip the throttle a bit, (Especially if stuck on a hill) it might let you into neutral. (Be sure to have your brake foot ready.)Then your good to go.

Jayson Lanny,
Mine has abour 45 hrs on it and it too can be difficult to change in or out of reverse at times. I found with mine anyways, give it a little throttle (just enough to rev engine) as you shift in or out of rev. If it grinds, throttle less.

solitude010
Got a 2007 rtv in july 07,same problem can't shift half the time.Goes into gear alright but won't come out.Tried slow lever made it worse
comin out of gear.Fast lever puts head up to windshield it stops so fast.I can use it fine but can't let anyone else use it because of stoppin problem.Lots of money for something so hard to drive,Had A kawaski mule before which wasn't so easy to shift either!Got a hyd dump thing so you can shift it by pulling knob.But knob and shifter on same side so hard to pull both at once.Very dissappointed with it!

Gene Marionneaux while driving, I loose steering control. Must turn steering wheel two or three revolutions to get control again. Everything is fine with streering for a little while--then loose control again. I have changed out the steering Unit---(Cylinder unit that steering wheel is connected to,with new unit--$620. Same problem. At the same time I changed the hydraulic fluid,filter, and cleaned the hydraulic screen.The level is correct.---Any suggestions??
vaughn Burgess Gear troubles? - has your machine got a pull knob in the centre of the dash that looks like a choke cable? good, pull it when your machine is difficult to change gear as such and this releases some pressure in the drive pump system enabiling you to change your selection,
I have also found, a smoother way to stop is to just lightly apply the brakes as you reach your destination and are releasing the accelerator pedal,
Hope this helps you enjoy your ride a bit more,
Best regards.

Peter Mould
Re: kubota rtv900 problems

Mine is difficult to get in or out of gear at times.... If you pull the hydro dump knob it does next to nothing to improve the situation. The manual instructs the operator to turn the steering wheel one or two revolutions and then try gently.
This always works for me.

My main problem of late is the front suspension spring keeps jumping out of the top strut top mount. Anyone else seen this fault??? Is there a remedy?

Kind Regards
Peter

Peter Mould Machined 1mm off the suspension top mount cup to give clearance betwwen that and the top spring saddle. Spacer shim was not thick enough to give clearance and upper/lower cups caught each other causing spring to 'wind up' and jump out of place.

Truck had only done 250hrs use!

Have driven with suspension modified for 5hrs and it is totally transformed the ride.

Carried out the front propshaft modification while suspension was being fixed and the truck is like brand new now.

Kind Regards
Peter

Russell Auth I am haveing problems with the parking brake..... it is stuck into park position and I cant move it.
CJ Noojin I have most of the problems listed.Mine is a 2007 RTV 1100..tried to just look over some of them...like throwing head into windshield when letting off throttle, gears practically impossible to engage....rough idling....now the thing won't start....It has 148 hours on it and I dont even have a farm and I use mine just to drive on a half mile driveway back and forth to barn. No warranty, and I have checked all I know to check. I have had 4 Kubota tractors still have 2. I will Never buy another Kubota due to this RTV crap....$16000.00 and my wife drives a 1500.00 Honda so I could have this thing.
John Iles Front axle bearings. My unit wants to dart left to right. Can I change the bearings out or is there something I'm missing?
Roy F Smith RV 900 Always have problems with Trying to get it out of gear,no matter which one. Brake lever is in wrong place ,if you put on tight it is hard to exit the vehicle, I can't figure out fuse box can anyone tell me where the fuse to fuel tank is.other than a good engine the rest is crap.
Roy

CHASE THERE IS WHAT IS CALLED A COAST KIT AVAILABLE FOR THE RTV'S THAT WILL MAKE THE MACHINE COAST TO A STOP WHEN FUEL PEDAL IS RELEASED. IT COSTS ABOUT $140.00 AT WWW.WIEDMANNBROS.COM
Doreen We are a market research company that pays people for their time and opinion.

We are going to be conducting an RTV study in all 50 states across the USA. You will have an opportunity to share your opinions regarding current and future RTV designs.

We arenít selling anything; we are only interested in your opinions which will help the RTV manufacturers develop better products in the future.

If you own the models of RTV listed please call us ASAP to see if you qualify for the study. Space is limited.
Kubota RTV 900

Model years must be 2007 to 2011.
If you don't own the RTV listed above, please don't call but tell your friends that do own the models
Please call A Point of View Research
Dorene
714-499-3070
Please be sure to leave a day time and evening phone number if you get an answering machine.
Thank You

Doreen We are a market research company that pays people for their time and opinion.

We are going to be conducting RTV study in all 50 US States. You will have an opportunity to share your opinions regarding current and future RTV designs.

We arenít selling anything; we are only interested in your opinions which will help the RTV manufacturers develop better products in the future.

If you own any of the models of RTV listed please call us ASAP to see if you qualify for the study. Space is limited.

Kubota RTV900

Model years must be 2007 to 2011.

If you don't own the RTV listed above, please don't call but tell your friends that do own the models listed.

Please call or email A Point of View Research

Dorene

apointofview2010@aol.com

714-499-3070

Please be sure to leave a day time and evening phone number if you get an answering machine.

Thank You

Carl Howe Two wweeks ago it was real cold got in my kubota rtv 900 rops serial # 38969 sertv 9 the sreering wheel would not nurn at all. Put heater in front for about one hour and I got it turning. it worked ok till this morning got in started the rtv900 the steering whell would turn but the wheels would not. Jacked ip started the unit up and started turning the wheel and it turned. Took the ubit outside and drove the unit about one mile and it turned ok and is still doing ok now but there has to be a problem somewhere.
Randy RTV 900 will not start or crank; battery died, now it will not send power to switch; where are the fuses located?
Jack The fuse panel is on the back of the cab, beneath the dump bed.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Kubota Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: