LX-176 Rear Wheel Removal

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

LX-176 Rear Wheel Removal

Tim How do you get the rear wheels off a 176 to replace/repair the tires? Can't find my book, and I tried but they would NOT come off. Has keyway with key, and could not remove that either. HELP? Needs fixed in a HURRY! T H A N K S ! ! !
Brad After removing the hub cap and retainer,the wheel should slid off the axle shaft unless there is a lot of rust.If rusted,u may have alot of trouble getting it off.U will have to soak it or heat is slightly,DO NOT hammer out on it,u could make the retainer pop off inside the trans,then u would have to split the trans to put it back.

Good Luck,Brad.

Tom : How do you get the rear wheels off a 176 to replace/repair the tires? Can't find my book, and I tried but they would NOT come off. Has keyway with key, and could not remove that either. HELP? Needs fixed in a HURRY! T H A N K S ! ! !

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Name:
Email: