John Deere LX172 Lawn Tractor

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere LX172 Lawn Tractor

Gary Homer
Does the main drive pulley have a shear pin? If so how is it removed and replaced?

Dave Gary - If you are referring to the main drive pulley for either the transmission or the mower deck, it has a key. You'll need to remove either a retaining ring or a nut depending on location. Then you'll need a wheel puller to safely remove the pulley (sheave). Take care because some of the sheaves are spun from sheet metal and will be easily damaged if not properly removed. - Dave
dillon listen dave
dillon listen dave there is no main drive pulley it is shaft driven

dillon listen dave there is no main drive pulley it is shaft driven

dillon listen dave...there is no main drive pulley the tractor is shaft driven, not belt driven so you should look at your tractor a little closer and you will notice a driveshaft, so stop putting mindless dribble on the internet

you are not too smart are you?

i guess not

Dave Gary - Without respect to the other responses, there is not a drive shaft on the LX172. Your tractor is belt driven. - Dave
DILLON GARY...DAVE IS AN IDEOT, YOUR TRACTOR IS SHAFT DRIVEN NOT BELT DRIVEN!!!
geoff dont listen to dillon your tractor is belt driven
DILLON GEOFF AND DAVE ARE BOTH IDEOTS AND SO ARE YOU

GO TO HELL

BASTARD

geoff the tractor world has no use for people like dillon
I HATE NIGGERS I HATE NIGGERS
DILLON YOU STUPID WHORE!!!!!
electraslide Who is this unfortunate idiot with no life. Man, find something productive to do, if you can do anything other than bitch.

Aryan FIrst there's this nigger and a rich white guy talking. The white guy is like "you stupid nigger, you're nothing but a slave to white men."

The black guy is like "I'll show you."
So the nigger makes his fortune being a singer.
Then the nigger is like "Look at the bling bling i gots now white man. I'm the man."

The white guy is like "whatever nigger, you're still a slave for white man because you're nothing more than entertainment for the white man."

So then the black guy gets pissed and becomes the producer of his music company and invests in a company gets even more rich, so rich that he buys the white guy's house and says "Look who da man is now foo', I own my own company and now I own your house."

White guy's like "Fucking nigger, when will you learn, you gave me this money, and so I'm still richer than you, fuck, first you were our entertainment and now you have to pay me for my house. Still a slave asshole!"

The nigger was pissed...So he goes to University, gets a Ph.D, travels the World, dresses more formally, learns every thing about etitquette, etc. Becomes very well refined. Becomes CEO of a company. Then he goes to the white guy. "Now sir, look at me now, I dress well, I speak in an eloquent manner, am well educated with my Ph.D, I have seen the world, and therefore, I conclude I am no longer a slave to the white man, I even own a company. I am the boss now."

Then the white guy is laughs..."Fucking nigger, you're still a slave to the white man. Look at you, you're pathetic. Now you dress, talk, and act like a white man, yet you're still a fucking nigger. Man that's worse than a nigger. At least some niggers are still proud to be a nigger although they have nothing to be proud of. You're even worse than a nigger because you deny your existence as a nigger and a slave as a white man. In your efforts to disprove me, not only did you become an even bigger slave to the white man, but you tried to become a white man yourself. Fuck, that's pathetic. A nigger who is a wanna be white. That's like a rat pretending to be a lion. fucking hilarious! And all this time, you did this only because I told you to hahaahahaha! So you're my SLAVE and you'll always be a NIGGER and a slave to the white man! SLAVE, now go pick some cotton, call me Massa and eat your collard greens while you sing about how you're gonna follow the railway to freedom and getting you're black ass whipped!"

The moral of the story is, if you're a nigger, you'll always be a slave to the white man.

bob your tractors suck just kiding

G Elliott When you stand before God on JUDGEMENT DAY you will have to answer everyone of the filthy and
beligerant comments you've made on this tractor
site ,I wonder how you'll squirm and try to lie
out of it ,but my friend you won't ,change your
ways and ask God to forgive you of all your sins
before its too late ,if you accept JESUS in your
heart you could be living in PEACE !
I suggest you go to your knees and humble yourself
to God and ask him to come into your heart right
now !!!!
May God Bless Your poor soul !

BTurner Gentelmen,

I own a JD LX172 and have for years and can tell you that it is 100% belt driven! It's a vertical shaft engine with 2 pullys underneath. The upper drives the transaxle and the lower drives the deck thru an electric clutch

Mark Folks,

Looking at buying a 445 or an x475 to mow a steep yard. (1) Is it worth the price increase to purchase the x475 and (2) Is AWS worth the money?

RANDY WALKER I AM LOOKING FOR A HOOD FOR MY LX172 SEEN ANY???
RANDY WALKER LOOKINF FOR A HOOD FOR MY LX172 ANY IDEAS???
Brad Thats real funny, aryan, except this is a page about john deere lawn mowers. So piss off you racist ignorant bastard.

brad Upper hood sells for $150. Lower for 175. Thats at Deere dealers. Saw them on ebay for 389.00 BIN. Not such a good deal. I'm looking for one too...
ox dillon are you new cause the jd lx172 is very much belt driven
bluehose47 Do any of you know where I can get a good deal on a used or new transaxle (Tecumseh Peerless Mod. 801 095)?
coy just wondering if anyone out there has a wiring digram for a john deere lx172.. had it stored for a few years and rats have done a job on the wiring.. thanks
ryan I need an upper hood for a lx 172, new or used
cabldirtdog I have a full set of attachment for the LX172 tractor. Mower deck w. dual bags, mulch attactment, snow blower, push blade, weights, chains and a full set of new belts. THIS IS A BELT DRIVEN MACHINE, PTO AND BLADES!!
Dave I'm looking for a used snow blade and chains for my LX 172.
BigJohn1973 I'm looking for a mower deck for LX172 JD. no junk. I already have one full of holes!
andy I own a LX172 and am looking for attachments ie: push blade, snow blower. I cannot locate any attachments that are compatable with my mower. Does anyone know where I can get attachments...... Thanks
Theresa I am trying to replace the drive belt on my lx 172 john deere riding mower. how do I release the tension so I can put the new belt on. I now have to do all this on my own due to my husband walking out. can you please help me??? Any help would be greatly apppreciated
Thank you
Theresa

george I've got a snowblower and weights and chains for a lx172. $200 for everything.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: