SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

bleed fuel system on john deere 6400

jason I ran my john deere 6400 out of fuel and would like to know how to bleed it to get it running?
Bobby Usually a bleed screw at the top of the fuel filters...I believe it would be located in back of the fuel filter assembly.
Mike You may have to bleed the injectors themselves.
There should be a nut holding the fuel line to
the injectors, losen that nut, don't take it off
just good and free. spin the engine over untill
you see fuel seep out the nut area, tighten the
nut back and go to the next injector and repeat.

Steve I think you guys are making this too hard. According to the service manual on my 6405, you just do this:
Bleeding the Fuel System
The fuel system must be bled whenever the fuel system is run dry.
Move gearshift lever or reverse drive lever out of neutral position to prevent engine from starting. Turn ignition key fully to the right (start position or as far as it will go) to make the fuel transfer pump operate. Keep the pump running for approx. 20 seconds.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: