SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere 143 Loader control valve problems

Wade Hello, I have a JD2240 MFWD tractor with a JD 143 loader on it. The loader slowly settles and the bucket tilts (leaks down) by itself. No external leaks. This tractor uses a "closed Center" control valve on the loader. The OEM control valve on the loader is made by Cessna and is no longer available as a replacement part. Dealer says I have to purchase a new replacement valve from Husco, expensive and I will have to modify the loader to make it fit, not good! 1. Does anyone know where I can get my current valve refurbished? Spools and bores honed and re-chromed? 2. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement Cessna Valve? The Cessna Part Number is 30512AAJ (don't know the JD part number)

Thanks for the help!

Regards,

Wade
Semper Fi!

Dale G. basgall Wade : I use Hercules Bulldog Hydraulics for the first option if the dealer can't assist. Try calling Loren @ Sumner Tractor in Sumner Washington he is really one special parts guy, he will help you and probably knows where you can get stuff. Let him know you got his info from the forum.

Dale G. Basgall

Polo Guerra The hitch is up does not come down, was told the valve is stuck. Can someone tell me where the valve is and what can I do to get this problem fixed. Will greatly appreciate your response to this matter. Mrs. Polo Guerra (yolanda)

Re: Implement (connecting PTO...hitch raised to upward position and doesnot come down)

Polo Guerra The hitch is up does not come down, was told the valve is stuck. Can someone tell me where the valve is and what can I do to get this problem fixed. Will greatly appreciate your response to this matter. Mrs. Polo Guerra (yolanda)

Re: Implement (connecting PTO...hitch raised to upward position and doesnot come down)

Larry Davenport mr. Guerra,

You are in luck, Ican tell you exactly what your problem is and how to fix it.

The problem is in the your Rockshaft rate of drop valve. It is located on the floor behind your seat. You will have to take out your seat, use a 15MM wrench and remove the two bolts that hold your seat on. Them tale 1 13mm socket with a short extension and remove the two bolts that hold the valve in place. Caution, before you remove the valve make sure you have placed a board or something under your three point arms in the back. if you don't you will be soaked with hydraulic oil whenm you remove the valve.
Slide the valve out slowly. be sure to remenber which side was up, because it will not work if you put it back in upside down.

Once, out take the back off with an allen wrench. Once the back is off you will see the valve that is stuck. Take it out, clean it up with some fine sand paper or emery cloth. Grease it up good and then put it back together, should work fine. It's a very simple job. You won't even need any parts. You will take about 30 minutes and a little grease. I learned this the hard way. I took my tractor to the John Deere Dealership and they charged me 1100.00 to fix it.
Larry

Bobby Find the rate-of-drop adjustment.

http://manuals.deere.com/omview/OMRE268160_19/NR25796_00002F8_19_29JUN07_1.htm

copy and paste the link, you will see instructions for the adjustment..very simple..

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: