SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John deere 4440 electrical

Chris S
John deere 4440 electrical

i love my john deere 4440. but here lately i am having electrical trobble with it. It will not stay change i put a new reman alternator on it then a new yellow top battery, and a new volt grage and it work for about 3 months and then it went back to no changein today when i was haedin home so i turn the radio off and the fan and the lights and stall no change so what could it be could someone pleae tell me what is going on

bill check for a broken wire from the engine wiring harness to the alternator. if it's not energized, it will not charge.
check the crossover cable (from battery to battery) make sure it's not grounded. it will work an alternator to death. check closely where the cable goes thru the battery box. there was a sharp edge from the factory that would eat thru cables. deere said to remove interfering metal. i don't remember if that was the 30 or 40 series.
always charge batteries when installing a new alternator. it will run hot and fry the insides. it can't charge dead batteries, not for long anyway. ohhhh, check the wiring harness connector at the firewall. those wires have been known to pull out of the connector. push 'em back in with a pocket screwdriver and check for power to alt with key on. jd has repair terminals for that. good luck!

darlah dismukes
Need copy of electrical operation & test, general information and diagram 250-05-11 for tractor 4440.
Copy we received from our dealer, Robstown Hardware Co., can not be read. Too blury.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: