SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere 2955 Clutch

FixinCat I have a 2955 JD. around 6,000 hours. Tractor runs great, works great. Work tobacco, cut hay,and plant cover crop with it every year...BUT with in the last 100 hours, when the tractor is hot, say after 1/2 day work, when you push the clutch in, the pedal with go down and stay down and does not disengage. The tractor keeps moving. If you pull the pedal back up, and push it again it works fine. Will do this a couple times a week sometimes, then maybe none for a couple weeks. Plenty of fluid in master cylinder, all external parts appear to be intact.
Anyone ever seen this??? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thank you everyone for you time.

C. B. Hay I have had this exact same problem before. These tractors have a Master & Slave cylinder setup (mechanical clutch). It is a poor system in my opinion, because there is no clutch adjustment and the system moves barely enough fluid to release the clutch. Any tiny amount air in the system, or leakage, and it will not release the clutch. Because your pedal goes to the floor, it sounds like you need a new master cylinder. Remove the left side dash-console cover, and check to see if there is any oil where the pedal rod enters the master cylinder. Hopefully you will find your problem there, because you have to split the tractor to replace the slave cylinder.
curious the pto quit on my 2955 anyone ever had this problem? and how hard is it to fix.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: