SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere 850 Tractor, hydraulic pump removal

greg I have a John Deere 850 tractor. The hydraulic pump appears to be faulty and I am looking to remove it. I have taken off the input and output lines, and there are two nuts I removed holding the pump to I believe the timing cover. I now however cannot seem to remove the pump, it is like it is frozen onto I think the timing cover. I used a 2x2 with a hammer trying to free it but could not. Is this normal? Is there a recommended approach for removeing the pump without damaging it? Or are there more than 2 nuts holding the pump to the engine?
thanks, greg

greg Solved, there are two bolts also connecting the pump to the timing cover. The manual only indicated two nuts.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):