SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere 850 Tractor, hydraulic pump removal

greg I have a John Deere 850 tractor. The hydraulic pump appears to be faulty and I am looking to remove it. I have taken off the input and output lines, and there are two nuts I removed holding the pump to I believe the timing cover. I now however cannot seem to remove the pump, it is like it is frozen onto I think the timing cover. I used a 2x2 with a hammer trying to free it but could not. Is this normal? Is there a recommended approach for removeing the pump without damaging it? Or are there more than 2 nuts holding the pump to the engine?
thanks, greg

greg Solved, there are two bolts also connecting the pump to the timing cover. The manual only indicated two nuts.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: