SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Method of finding serial # of JD 2010 RC tractor with missing data plate

KevinSt I recently purchased a John Deere 2010 row crop tractor (first JD for me). In trying to identify the serial number I found the serial number plate normally found on the right side of the engine block to be missing. Is there any secondary way to roughly identify the tractor serial number?
Ultimitely, I'd like to know how the three point controls are supposed to work (I believe the first 2 levers to the left of the steering wheel are for the 3 point - but they are frozen fast so I'm not certain).The third powers a set of hydraulic quick disconnects.
There is also a small foot lever below the clutch pedal on the left side. I don't have a clue as to it's function.
Any answers or advice?

ClaytonB The small foot lever inside the clutch on the left side is is the Hydraulic Pump disengaging lever. I think I read that it is intended mostly for cold starting.

If you have 3 levers, then I'm assuming you have dual hydraulics. The left (Middle)control lever operates the inner rockshaft lift arm. The right control lever operates the outer lift arms, or if the lift arms are set for parallel action the right controls the whole thing. Parallel versus independent is set by two levers located at the bottom of the seat column on the left side.
The Left-most control lever controls the remote hydraulic cylinder for implement attachments

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: