SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD 1050 Hydraulic filter locations??

sal I was wondering if anyone could tell me where the hydraulic inlet filter screen is located on a 1050 JD tractor. I have replaced the spin on return filter and my hydraulics are still very slow and jerky. I hear people say to clean the inlet screen but not sure where it is. Anyone give a good description as to where this beast lives?? thanks
Dale G. Basgall Sal, The screen you are looking for JD#CH13395 shows only for PIN# up to -011001, check on your tractor for the PIN number it's a 13 digit # . It appears you have a choice of two different gear pumps 11CC and a 9CC I believe, both are gear pumps and you are most likely right it,s either the screen or maybe the oil is incorrect.

Check those out and if your serial number is under the -0011001 I can send you a picture of the housing it's in. It appears there are two bolts 8mm diameter and 20mm length. The hex head on the two bolts is most likely 13mm or maybe 14mm, the cover is almost round and the container is long like a pipe and has a cover valve housing on the other end with about six bolts holding it on. It looks to be under the tractor right foot area.

Write back if you need a picture of it.

Dale G. Basgall

Sal I can't find that number but I think I may have identified it. It looks like it may be under the R/H foot board. On the back side it has a line that goes to the Spin on filter. Does this sound correct? It has 2 bolts holding the end cover on. Do you have a picture of yours?

Thanks for the help...

Sal Sorry I mean L/H foot board....
Dale G. Basgall
Re: JD 1050 Hydraulic filter locations??

Sal, here is the pic, if you need any more assistance just write back on the forum.

Dale G. Basgall

Mark It is located right below the LH Running board on the underside of the transmission housing. Right under the clutch pedal arm

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: