SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

rebuilding 2240 remote hydraulic

paul how difficult is it to rebuild 2240 remote hydraulic.
paul j mechanic told me the remote hydraulic needs to be rebuild, he said the valves needs replacing. the fluid is leaking internal. the box the valves are in is simple to take off tractor.

Dale G. Basgall Paul, I would really like to help you out on this one, is it a remote hydraulic pump, valve or could you clarify further. If we can identify the part I can look at the one your needing information on.

Generally speaking if you clean the unit you intend to perform the work on to a pont there is no more grease or oil on, I usually always place the unit in a large bucket if needed throw in water and tide to make some bubbles, then get a fire going and heat it up till it is almost boiling and then take the unit out and wash it off again with some cool water and let it dry.

Then place white rags or an old light shirt down on a flat table and lay the unit on the rags. With clean hands only, look at the exact parts breakdown of the unit. When you get that far let me know on the forum, I will assist you.

Dale G. Basgall

Hoss The scv is not hard to rebuild but it can be tedious to adjust. There are four poppets in each scv which are $50 approx. each. So I would be careful. Any dealer could set it for you but find a mechanic that has had experienc with them. I have worked at a deere dealer for 20+ years and a "feel" for this setting helps.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: