SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere 6600 combine fuel problems

Randall Burkiett I'm not getting fuel to the injector pump. I asume there is a fuel pump & filter between the fuel tank and the injector pump? Was running last fall. Looking for things to check and how to prime the fuel system.
Dale G. Basgall Randall, it appears that the fuel transfer pump is located very close to the fuel tank sending unit on the tank, the pump itself is electrical so check the fuel pump fuse before you replace it, also there is a transistor to check also after the fuse is ok. Most likely it is your transistor but I hope this helps. There is a way to test that transistor if you need.

Fuel Pump AH107362 it appears the transistor is H101158.

Randall Burkiett Dale could you tell me how to check that transistor? It is quite a trip from here to the combine and one trip would be nice. I like to know if there any bleeders in the system also.
Thanks

Dale G. Basgall Randall, most all transistors have three leads coming out of the bodies, base, collector, and emitter dont worry about that right now. You need a Digital Volt Ohm Meter (DVOM). If you have one write back and we can go further on this one, the test is simple but without the meter makes it better to buy one, but there is a way to do that also.

When voltage goes to the transfer fuel pump, it sucks fuel from the fuel tank and continues on the pressure side of the transfer fuel pumt to the inlet side of a primary fuel filter. When the keyswitch is on, the transfer pump produces fuel flow to the primary fuel filter. On the outlet of the fuel at the very highest point on the fuel filter housing is a nut of some kind or a black plastic plug. Remove that and allow the transfer pump to run until fuel is present.
Keep going down the line until you find no other bleed plugs. If no fuel comes out of the first plug you took off then your tranfer pump, and or the transistor may have failed.

Either way write back on the forum if you need more information, I can go to the book then.

Dale G. Basgall

John A.Heine Combine has electric fuel pump on bottom of fuel tank is it pumping. Voltage to it.
Philip Carolan Hi I have a John Deere 6600, every morning we try to start it, it seems to be air locked we put a non return valve on the fuel line coming to tank from the filter and it is stil air locking.. Can you help please?
Kind regards,
Philip

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: