X485

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

X485

John Pangia Hi All, I just purchased a used 2005 JD X485, I'm looking to fit wheel weights and tire chains on it. the dealers prices seem very expensive, anyone know of quality weights and chains at reasonable prices..?? Thanks John
Dave John - Deere's chains have cross chains every two links. Many aftermarket chains have cross chains only every four links. So keep that in mind. Weights? Not sure if there are any aftermarket or other brands that would fit. Make sure you know the wheel size for sure. You might do a gooogle search for garden tractor chains and for wheel weights to see if you can find some sources. Otherwise, you might try a place like Farm & FLeet, Mills Fleet Farm, Tractor Supply - those types of stores. Good luck. - Dave
bontai Joe When I bought my suitcase weights a couple of years ago, Deere was the cheapest around. They roughly sell for a little over dollar a pound most places, wheel weights too. My point is thay ain't cheap no matter where you go. One alternative is to buy useful diameter used steel barbell weight plates at one of the used sports equipment stores and drill the mounting holes yourself. Don't try that with the cement filled plastic coated weights, unless you like torture.
John Pangia Hey, Thanks alot for your replies, very informative, very helpfull,

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: