7420 fuel problem

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

7420 fuel problem

kevrun Both my neighbour and I have 7420 tractors acting the same the tractor will start to miss and the red glow plug light flashes. Shut the tractor off and restart and it runs okay but no falt codes show .
ross I think if you look in the operators manual, it will tell you that when that indicator light flashes it means that there is water in you fuel filters. Drain both of them and also drain your fuel tank on the machine. How many hours are on the fuel filters?
kevrun The filters are new and we drained the tank. The red light also flashes for oil presure, or fuel temp, too high. Could one of the sensors be the problem the tractor can also return to smooth opertion on its own but not very often
ross Do you know how to get the codes off of the machine? That would be the next step. Take them into your dealer and go from there.
tc had the very same problem for long time thought it was due to water condensation (gets cold here) replaced braided lines due to leaks(air induction?) the problem persisted but very intermit very frustrating but after checking and clearing codes constantly for months a low fuel pressure code showed when working tractor. my 7420 has a electric fuel pump horz. on top of the screw on filter(not on all) tap it with key on mine was intermitently working new pump new tractor
Dale K. I am also having trouble with our 7420 ,it has to be bled every morning and have replaced hoses but still no luck.Any suggestions?
CC My 7420 does the same thing light fasts on dash ,think it has a stop up transfer fuel pump?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: