JD GT275 won't start

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD GT275 won't start

Rob Pfauth My second-hand 1998 John Deere GT275 w/ 17-hp Kawasaki air-cooled engine and 48-in. mower deck has a problem. When it sits for longer than a week or two (i.e. cold engine), and I try to start it, it cranks and starts, but then stalls after about a minute or two. After that, it's almost impossible to restart. Usually, after numerous applications of gas directly in the carb intake (on advice of the dealer over the phone), I can finally get it to start. The last time nothing worked. Once it does run, I have no problems. (It doesn't stall when it gets hot like some I've read about.) I'm thinking I might need to replace the fuel pump, but before I try that, does anyone have any better ideas?
Thanks.
Rob P.

Mike To check the fuel pump, take the outlet line off, and crank it, it should pump fuel right away. Also check the fuel lines, they may be cracked and sucking air. Also check the choke adjustment, make sure the linkage moves fully when the lever is all the way up.
Chance clean the carb, that should help too also check the fuel filter

you can try to pressurize the tank with a blowgun with the line to the pump taken off see if its glogged or whatnot

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: