John Deere LT160 will not start

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere LT160 will not start

Rob Kirsten Any help would be appreciated. With 200hrs on it, my LT160 suddenly won't start. Turns over strong. It has spark. Pouring some gas directly into the carb, and it runs that just fine. Carb linkage all seems to work fine. I checked all lock-outs, like brake on, no problem. I suspected the fuel filter, so replaced the little white in-line one with the larger clear filter that came with the tune up kit. Now I see no evidence that the fuel is getting pumped thru that filter. Dealer suggested I shoot the carb with cleaner. Any other ideas?

Thanks

R Kirsten in Michigan

Joe Take the carb out, unscrew the bottom nut... check the float (orange circular piece) Be careful not to lose the little pin holding it in place. It is probably stuck, pr something is blocking the line.
Carb cleaner works great too, but if the float is stuck, it isn't able to fix that.

Mike The fuel line might be clogged with a big piece of dirt, give a shot of air back to the tank, before the fuel pump.
Eric Probably the fuel pump. Same thing happened with mine.
john carb solenoid rubber stop is bad - check it

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: